{07}

Estimable

(adj.) worthy of great respect

"It really isn't that hard." A humored voice interrupted my struggle.

Puffing out a frustrated breath, "Clearly you can see me struggling, therefore it IS hard. Stop pissing me off, Arrax."

I was helping Lilly with the chores around the house, anything to rid myself from the boredom of being here for an entire day with literally nothing to do. Right now I was cleaning the windows in Arrax's bedroom, but it was almost impossible to get it without those ugly ass lines. Arrax had apparently heard my frustrated grunting every time I got it wrong and decided to come in here and piss me off.

"You're struggling because you're horrible at it." Once again a cocky remark, even though his smirk was distracting I refused to let him taunt me like this.

Dropping the equipment on the floor like a child, "Let's see if you can do it better then, shouldn't we?" His confident strides in my direction were annoying, and as he picked the things up from the floor, my eyes zeroed in on his firm butt.

'Truly a gift from above' My wolf purred making my cheeks redden and eyes widen.

Arrax's skilled hands started working on the windows, cleaning and wiping. His arms strong and with small hints of veins running under his skin. So dangerously sexy and I really was having a hard time keeping my dirty thoughts to a minimum. Of course, the windows were perfectly clean with no visible lines after he worked his magic, and the cocky smirk on his lips told me that he was aware of how annoyed I was.

"There you have it." He said, only rubbing salt to the wound.

As I left the room I yelled over my shoulder, "Great, you're amazing at it so keep up the good work, I'll ask Lilly what else she needs help with."

Not waiting to see his reaction, I went on a hunt for Lilly and eventually found her in the laundry room. She was dancing along to some music in her earphones, the scene actually quite sweet. Leaning against the door frame, I waited for her to see me. Not even three seconds later, she did a dramatic turn and our eyes met, mine humorous and hers filled with shock, probably also a little embarrassment. Stopping mid-turn, she straightened her back, trying to compose herself while pulling the earphones out.

"Hey, what's up?" She breathlessly asked, with a smile on her face.

Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I took a step closer to her, "Why'd you stop? It was just getting to the good part."

"Don't tattle on me, Aspen."

Acting shocked, "Oh, I would never."

Her laugh filled the room by my comment, and I found myself smiling along. This could very well become a friendship and the thought of leaving suddenly felt like an even heavier weight on my shoulders. Lilly really was one bubbly werewolf and I had no ill feelings towards her at all, so the want to create a friendship was boiling inside of me. I hadn't had any friends for so many years and right here in front of me was my one opportunity of doing so.

Removing the doubts from my mind, I met her eyes again, "Did you need help with anything?"

She seemed to ponder for a second before shaking her head, "No, we've done it all. Just relax and get to know the premises before dinner in two hours or so." That could actually be a good idea, I needed an escape route when the time came. Agreeing to her idea, I saluted her and left the laundry room. Ready for an adventure in the woods.