{38}

Chimerical

(adj.) wildly fanciful

Throwing my fist in Arrax's direction he grabbed my hand in his, "No, Aspen. By doing this and not protecting yourself you're giving me the opportunity to counterpunch and that could knock you out on the spot."

Letting out a frustrated breath, I dried my head from sweat with my hoodie. Arrax and I had been fighting for hours and I was so tired already, it was definitely harder to fight him than it was Grant, he had the strength of an Alpha after all. "Then just do the counterpunch, Arrax! Don't halt the fight, let me suffer the consequences of a stupid action!" I yelled at him, the frustration clear on my voice.

"I'll do that the next time then." He laughed, this had been his response the entire day when I asked him to fight me, like truly fight me. He apparently didn't want to hit me, but the rogues wouldn't care about that, I needed the challenge and he wasn't bringing it, he was honestly only making me tired by working out so much.

"Arrax." I stated, holding my hands on my hips and tilting my head to the side, it was annoying how he refused to challenge me. "This won't do me any good."

"Shit, I know, but I can't hit you. An Alpha can't control how hard he hits, he just punches and that would honestly be painful for both of us." He explained and it suddenly made sense, he would hit me like I was his enemy and with his huge fist he could easily knock me out. I didn't necessarily want that right before a war. "I just linked Grant, he's coming our way to train with you."

A bubble of disappointment burned in my veins, I wanted to fight with Arrax, we'd laughed and talked during the training today and it brought us even closer. "I'd rather fight with you, but okay, I guess I can kick some Gamma ass." A smirk fell on my lips when I knew that Grant was standing right behind me, he hopefully heard everything.

"I heard that." He stated from behind me, his scowl and crossed arms humored me.

"You were supposed to."

The smirk immediately fell from my lips, when Grant gave me a hard sucker punch right in the face. My body tumbled backward into the warmth of my mate, distracting me momentarily, but when I saw Grant coming for me again, I dodged his fist and ran under his arm only to slam my elbow into his neck. His body tumbled away from me by the force, but he was quick to turn around. He clearly upped his resistance since the last time, but I could handle it, a punch to the face like this wasn't painful, although it was quite uncomfortable.

Throwing my fist at his left cheek, he dodged and delivered a blow to my stomach, making me double over by short of breath. Trying to kick his side, he grabbed my leg and swung me onto the ground. Holy shit he was challenging me with everything he had right now. The thirst bubbled within me, and as the smirk landed on my lips, I knew that my eyes had a scary glint to them.

Running in his direction, I elbowed him in the ribs, this time it was him who doubled over. Lifting my elbow, I slammed it into his neck forcing his body to the ground. Sitting on top of him, I tangled my legs with his, as I landed a cut right to his face, he hadn't suspected these moves out of me. 

He managed to push me off his body, making me land on my back where I was quick to stand on my feet again. As we circled each other, I felt invincible, he couldn't take me down, I was a fucking Aurelia.

His fist flew towards my face again, dodging I delivered a hard uppercut to his jaw. His feet tumbled backward and my fist again connected with his stomach before I tripped him and forced him to the ground, holding him in a choke hold it didn't last long before he tapped out on the grass beside him. 

I let go of his neck and smiled when he got up, his eyes were widened, "How the fuck do you kick my ass all the time? I'm starting to think you should be Gamma of this pack, holy hell." He was out of breath and I just laughed his comment off.

Arrax was standing to the side with a satisfied smile on his lips, "I must say, in the beginning I was tempted to choke you myself, Grant, but Aspen definitely came after it."

It was lovely how he worried about me, but deep down I knew it was only a matter of time before I had the upper hand in the fight anyway. I managed by myself and that was the light of my day. Grant left with a resigned wave of his hand, he had to teach the others after all. Leaving me alone with Arrax again.

His eyes locked with mine and the air suddenly felt too hot, "I'm impressed by you, I can't really describe what it is about you fighting, but you have this power emitting from your body." His smile was so sincere and my heart pounded in my chest by his words. "Now, are you ready to fight me this time?"

I laughed at him, "You're not resisting my advances, Arrax, you have to promise you'll test me."

He smiled at me, my mouth getting dry by how sexy he looked with the smallest sweat layer kissing his skin, "I promise."

Deciding that I was closer to a heat stroke than anything, I lifted my hoodie over my head to fight in a shirt instead. It was heated outside and having to train like this took a toll on me. 

A vicious growl left his lips when I lifted my hoodie, removing it quickly I realized that his hooded eyes were looking at my stomach. Letting my eyes fall down I realized that my shirt had crawled up with my hoodie, revealing the nasty scar that ran from right under my left boob to the my waist on the right side of my body.

Ah dammit.