{51}

Esperance

(n.) hope

Walking downstairs with a smirking Arrax next to me I tried to hide the blush on my face, we weren't the only ones down here, but the thoughts of what we'd done last night and in the shower this morning flickered through my mind constantly, distracting me from real life. 

He clearly was enjoying himself and I knew he deliberately placed some of those images in my mind to see me squirm. Deciding not to take the bait, I squared out my shoulders and placed a confident smile on my lips. 

We walked into the kitchen where Tina was cooking some eggs and bacon, she turned around when she realized we were there and bowed at the both of us, "Alpha, Luna." She said, and I didn't miss the little satisfied smile on her face when our eyes met. There was no way of me hiding what we did, because his smell was forever mixed with mine and other werewolves would be able to smell that. "I'm looking forward to the ceremony this evening." 

My confused eyes zoned in on my mate, his stubble had grown longer during these past few days but it suited him, "What's happening tonight?"

His warm gaze fell on me, "Your official Luna ceremony will be tonight, we're fully mated and the full moon is today, so we have to do it now." As he explained this it did click in my mind, tonight was full moon and if an Alpha had fully mated with his Luna, he couldn't wait to the next full moon to throne her down. It was against the laws of nature and we wouldn't dare to question that. 

"Oh, right. But we aren't supposed to see each other, are we?" I asked him in confusion, my Aurelia pack never allowed the Luna and Alpha in the same room 24 hours before the ceremony. 

He laughed and grabbed my hips, pulling me to his side, "It's an old werewolf's tale, they don't want to risk us getting into a fight, but after everything I don't even think I want to fight with you." The knowing smirk on his lips, made me slap his chest lightly and leave his side.

"See you tonight, Arrax!" I yelled over my shoulder, if it was tradition I'd obey without questioning anything and he should too.

"Your ass looks great in those jeans, baby." His voice entered my mind, the humor so heavy on his tongue. Turning around I flipped him off with a laugh leaving my lips, before I hurried upstairs where I located Lilly's room. 

Knocking like there was no tomorrow, she finally opened while rubbing her tired eyes. The tiredness left her body mid-yawn, as her entire face looked completely shocked. She violently pulled me into her room, closing the door behind us. "You fucked him!" She squealed, "Or he fucked you, whatever juices your boat."

"Whatever juices my b-" I didn't get to question her saying, before she cut me off with a crushing hug. "Uhm, why are we hugging?" My voice was awkward and I didn't return her embrace before she let go of me again, the happiness so clear on her face. Her eyebrows were lifted and her smile so big it almost pained me to look at it.

"Do you even know what that means though?" She asked, the excitement almost too much.

"I guess I do."

"No, oh no you don't. You'll be our Luna, Asp! Your ceremony is tonight, I have to bring out the best dresses for you!" Once her words truly settled in I realized that tonight I'd be standing in front of the entire pack, having to walk in front of them, give them my blood. 

Holy shit, what if I made a complete fool out of myself?

"Don't even think about doubting yourself right now, I can see the thoughts on your face, just don't. Pull out that inner bad bitch that I know you have and let's get you ready for tonight, okay?" Lilly was as sweet and supportive as always, luckily her words of encouragement helped as I shook my head and smiled at her. I had to allow myself to enjoy tonight, it was a big commitment for both them and I. It was important. 

"You know what, you're right, Lils. This is my time to be at my best for Arrax and show him exactly what the Moon Goddess gave him." I declared with a confident nod of my head, she clapped her hands and pushed me to sit down on a chair in her room.

"Now stay there, I'll bring out the essentials and possibly call someone from my good old school days to help." Lilly's eyes flashed over before they zoned in on me again, "She's coming over in one hour, I'll get the dresses and show you your options."

"I have options?"

Her confused eyes met mine, "Well yes, it's your ceremony, you have to be comfortable." Pausing as a happy glint took over in her eyes, "Give me three minutes!"

And then she was gone, running down the hallway. Rolling my eyes at her in humor I smiled a little, she really was something else, but I loved having a friend like her. Footsteps sounded in the hallway again, Arrax's muscular frame suddenly stood by the door, his smirk giving me difficulties breathing. 

"So you're still alive then?" He teased.

"Technically yes, but she called for backup so maybe I won't even be able to make it tonight, they'll force me to be fashionably late or something like that." I laughed with him, it eased my nerves slightly seeing him again. Allowing my heartbeat to match his, a sigh escaped my lips. 

Arrax walked over to where I was sitting, cupping my face his lips landed softly on mine, knocking the breath out of me entirely. All too soon he pulled away again, our eyes gazing into each others, finding some sort of peace in the chaos that was bound to happen tonight. 

"You guys, all of us know that you aren't supposed to see each other." Lilly scolded from the door, Arrax smirked as he quickly pecked me on the lips again, leaving me in the room with Lilly. 

She was holding what looked like 10 dresses and a groan escaped my lips, "Oh stop whining!"

Have mercy on my soul please...