Chapter 7 ~ Eagle Island

The submarine had now taken a land as they emerged from the icy water. The giant door opened revealing the team in snowsuits to keep them warm from cold weather. They do look pretty cool out there. It was time for their mission to be finished. Red was about to make his first step, but accidentally slipped and fell all the way down to the snowy ground, landing on his face. Garry and Leonard started to laugh at his clumsiness, but Garry accidentally slipped when he was just about to walk down and grabbed the collar of Leonard to stop his fall, though it only ended up pulling him along as they fell. Bomb laughed but suddenly slipped accidentally joining in along with Chuck when he called for him to be careful and instead slipped. Y/N sighed shaking her head and pulled Courtney and Silver up in the air while flying to keep them from slipping. After the boys fell, the three girls landed safely without problem while rolling their eyes. 

The team noticed there's the volcano up ahead that popped out the giant ice ball. 

"Okay, guys. Let's do this." Red said getting up.

"Here we go!" Bomb excitedly said.

"It's time for action." Y/N declared.

"We got this!" Silver exclaimed.

"We got an island to save!" Chuck added.

"Islands. We have two islands to save." Leonard corrected.

"Yeah. Let's not forget that." you said feeling bad that the birds only rely on the Bird Island but not Piggy Island.

Even though they're enemies they don't deserve to be homeless, sick, hungry, or worst dead. You noticed that your dad wasn't moving as he was frozen in terror.

"I can't do this! I made a terrible mistake." he told them.

"What are you talking about?" Red asked.

".....Zeta!"

"Who?" you asked.

"The leader of the eagles. The one who's been trying to destroy our islands. And...my ex-fiance.." Mighty Eagle looked down.

The team stared at him in disbelief and shock.

"Wait, what?!"

"Did you say 'fiance?'" Red repeated what he had just said.

"Fiance?" Courtney gasped.

"You're telling me that I have a almost mom?! And you're just telling us just now?!" Y/N shouted in anger.

"Better late than never..." Mighty Eagle nervously chuckled as he explained his story between him and Zeta.

"It was many years ago in the 1990's. She was the smartest girl in school, and I have a incredible sense of fashion.... It was love at first sight. She was the best thing that ever happened to me.... And since I wasn't ready to mate for life."

Y/N noticed him a look of regret.

"Naturally, I uh..........I...I abandoned her..." he said remembering the sad look on Zeta with big icy green eyes all full of tears from the bitter lips.

Sadness and betrayal. The rest gasped in shock.

"How could you leave her like that?" Silver gasped.

"Because I...am a coward.. Many of you didn't know that about me."

They didn't answer that since they already know he is a coward.

"I assumed she was heartbroken ever since. And it's all my fault."

"So, this is fiance we're talking about." Bomb said not getting it.