Chapter 4 - Finding love in Greece?

I woke up to mumbling and giggling.

"..Well, if we get on the island I will take you out for dinner and treat you like you should be treated." I heard a male voice say. I lay still with my eyes closed, listening to the conversation.

"Devon, I will show you things that only American girls know." I heard my sister's voice say following with a giggle.

Who the hell is Devon? They had a meet and greet while I was asleep and now they are flirting right next to me?

"Baby, I will show you what us Greece guys do with a body like your..." Devon said before I interrupted.

"Thank you, please wait until I am completely out of hearing range before you continue your conversation." I said and turned around to sleep on my other side.

"Here is my number. We can text while everybody is sleeping." I heard Cynthia's whisper.

It was quiet for a few minutes until I heard her giggle every ten seconds. Who would have thought that my sister is such a attention seeker. We haven't spend a lot of time together since we were in school. We see each other only on weekends when my mom invites us to eat lunch with her. Cynthia's dad left us when she was only seven years old and since then she became so never-minded. Our mother never see the bad in us. She keeps herself blind to our faults. My sister have guys at her apartment at night and smokes weed with them. I never could figure out if she was sleeping with some of them as well.

The lights of the plane went on and the flight attendant announced that we were about to land in Mykonos.

After we had landed we got up from our seats and grabbed our luggage in the spaces above our heads. Cynthia was reaching to get her bag from the shelf when a hand reached out and touched her bottom. I turned around to see the Devon person wink at me. Cynthia just giggled like a teenager. I walked out of the plane a bit annoyed.

A taxi stood outside with the driver holding a board that says: 'Crusiana' which was there to pick us up and take us to the seaside where the ship waited ashore. I got to the taxi first and was followed by two other tourists and behind them came Cynthia.

"Sorry ladies. I will have to take two at a time. You were here first." The driver said and pointed to me and one of the other women.

"I will go with my friend. You two can go first." She said and pointed to me and Cynthia.

The driver nodded and we all got in the car after loading our bags in the trunk. He drove around the building to get our bags that was in the back of the plane.

"Do you know the guy that spoke to you on the plane?" I finally asked Cynthia after a few awkward minutes of silence.

"No, but I sure do plan on getting to know him." She replied and playfully winked at me which reminded me of the wink Devon gave me when I caught him touching Cynthia's behind.

I rolled my eyes at her and looked out the window just as the driver got back in the car and drove off. Mykonos had the most beautiful buildings and lights. The car came to a stop in front of a big ship floating in the water. Cynthia and I got out and the driver handed us our bags from the trunk before we walked up to the ship.

"Good morning. I will be your guide on the cruise and also do entertainment at night. Welcome to paradise." A tall dark-skinned man greet us and hung leis around our necks.

"Thank you. I'm so excited!" I said to him with a smile on my face. I tried to believe that I was having a blast even though I wasn't quite ecstatic.

Cynthia and I walked up the ramp and onto the ship. There was another guy with a very colorful shirt standing at the top that gave each a pamphlet and indicated that we must go and sit on the deck. There was a lot of chairs with white ribbons tied around them set out on the deck. We sat down and looked at the stage in front of us. It had a big bouquet of tropical flowers on each side. It was truly beautiful. A young woman with a bikini top and a colorful skirt brought us cocktails filled with different pieces of fruits. We sat for almost twenty minutes before everybody was on board and the presentation began.

The same person that gave us the leis stepped on the stage holding a microphone.

"Good morning ladies and gentleman. My name is Adonis and I am your host for this cruise. I will be with you everyday. We are about to sail away from shore so If everybody could remain seated for a few minutes." He said over the microphone.

The ship moved and everybody automatically grabbed their seats out of instinct. The music started playing and four dancers with white dresses and braided hair filled the stage. They gave a remarkable performance.