Chapter Nineteen [Unforgettable Night]

"You're Spencer," she had said.

The thing is, I knew my name, but there was a good and an evil inside me. They were at war, and I couldn't decide which was winning. With every bit of my being, I wanted to be the good guy for Adrienne, the Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet, and carry her away to a castle. I wanted to give her the world because she deserved it, but the dark thoughts still held me back. The moment in the alley with Rodney made the monster return. It made me doubt myself. Was it too late for me to change?

So many people had been murdered in front of me, and I'd used my own hands to take someone's life. I fed people's drug addictions because I wanted to make a simple buck. The gang taught me to be cold, allowing hatred to fill my heart. I lost myself to an evil darkness, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to recover.

Then, she placed her warm hand against the cool skin of my cheek, forcing me to look at her. Her blue eyes glistened. "I know you still think you're a bad person, and I know you still think to that night when you killed her, but Spencer, you're a different man. You've made some mistakes, but you are learning from them." I tried to turn my face away from her, but her hands remained firm against my cheeks. "You can't let him win."

My eyes met hers again. "What?"

She dropped her hands from my face, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "You can't let Cayden win. Prove to him that you can change."

As I stood there, my eyes roamed over the small human in front of me. She had endured so much. I was surprised she still had the strength to fight for me, but she did. Now, I had to find the strength to fight for myself. The distance between us decreased as my feet carried me forward. I put my hands against her face as I pulled her lips to mine.

Her breathing was heavy as her body melted into me. Her lips were demanding as they moved with mine. The next thing I knew, we had made it back to my apartment, and I lost myself in her.

"Spence," she moaned out, her nails digging into the skin on my back as her body arched up into mine

"Spence," she moaned out, her nails digging into the skin on my back as her body arched up into mine. I placed my hand around her throat as I penetrated her one last time. Her eyes locked onto mine, a soft glassy coating over them. I loved her with my eyes as much as my body, our souls mingled in the quiet moments between action and stillness. The cold room felt warm. It was hard to hold back, to make the moment last. I was caught between the intoxication of the climax and extending something I never wanted to end.

I gripped what was left of the black lace, tilting my head to give her a soft kiss. Her taste was like a drug to me. I removed my hand from her throat and rolled over beside her on the bed. I closed my eyes. She was silent beside me for a while.

My eyes flashed open. "Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?" I turned to look at her.

She was laying with her hands resting on her stomach. She looked at me with the biggest smile. "No. You didn't hurt me. I just, I don't really have words to describe how I feel right now." She touched my cheek with her fingers.