Chapter Twenty-Three [The Devil's Pit]

The old white, wooden door with peeling paint was strange against my hand after all this time away. I had grown accustomed to the loud metal door from the Northside. At this moment, I missed it.

Slowly, I pushed the door open and stepped into the large bright room.

Time seemed to freeze.

"Spencer," growled Matt who grabbed my arm immediately throwing me into the middle of the room. "Where the fuck have you been?"

I stumbled and landed in the floor. My body tensed in anger. I shoved myself from the floor.

"Not here," I snarled, glaring him.

Eddie appeared from the kitchen, his eyes wild and bloodshot. He wiped his arm across his dripping nose. He had taken a line of snow. His dark brown eyes were fixed on me. He stepped over and grabbed my arm, yanking me up. His strength almost ripped my arm from its socket.

He swung his fist, and connected with my face. His fist was hard against my jaw. A loud crack rang in my ears. Pain shot through my neck. He dropped me back to the floor. I grabbed my jaw, holding it. Blood filled my mouth. An iron taste on my tongue took over my whole mouth. I spit it out onto the floor.

"That was for choosing a bitch over your brothers," he spat at me, kicking me in the leg.

I glared up at him, a strength filling my chest. "Is that all you got, bitch?"I growled in response, attempting to push myself up.

Eddie shoved me back down. My body slid across the force from his power. I slammed into the wall, exhaling a loud breath.

He cracked his knuckles."Oh, you want more, Spencer? Trust me, I can give you more," he snapped. The rush of the fight heightened his high.

He picked me up, slamming my back into the wall. His eyes were filled with a crazy rage. He swung his fist again connecting with my nose easily snapping the cartilage beneath his knuckles. Blood leaked down my face. It coated my shirt. He dropped me back to the floor like a rag doll. His foot connected with my side, causing me to curl into the fetal position.

Matt grabbed his shoulder. "Eddie. Enough."

Eddie looked at him, his breathing heavy as his jaw locked. He turned to look back at me. "Little bitch. Better be glad," he said, wiping his hands clean of my blood against his pants.

My eyes followed him. Matt moved towards me, and motioned for someone to retrieve Cayden. Michael disappeared around the corner that lead to the hallway.

"Cayden has been waiting for you for a long time, brother. I am sure he can't wait to hear of your arrival," Matt said, gripping a fistful of my hair.

I struggled against him, but he gripped my hair tight. His thick arm wrapped around my throat and breathing became difficult. "I'm sure he has. Distance makes the heart grow fonder," I gasped.

Matt growled, growing annoyed by my games. "Fuck, I wish I could just snap your neck right here, Spencer," he said, glaring down at me.

I struggled against him again. Voices echoed in the hallway.

Then he appeared.

I met Cayden's eyes as he rounded the corner. The raging sea of anger crashed against my chest.

Cayden was flanked by Rodney who had a wide grin on his face. Rodney wore a red bandana around his forehead, pushing his dreads back. I growled, but was unable to move.

Cayden looked different than the last time I had seen him. His hair was gelled into a mohawk that ran down his head. His tattoos extended onto his face instead of halting at his neck. A gold chain hung around his neck, matching the golden gun protruding from the top of his pants. He puffed on a cigarette. When he saw me in Matt's grasp, an evil smile crept onto his face.