Girl Meets Gravity

☆☆☆

"New school year. New school me." Winter mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror. Things were definitely different, she had a secret boyfriend (well to Maya and the rest of the group except Casey), a new bestfriend that constantly annoyed her, a therapist, and dance lessons. Things had to go well.

"Winter! Your twerp of a friend is here and you have to go to school." Her uncle yelled, making her roll her eyes.

"You only want me to go to school so you can drink your butt off." She mumbled grabbing her backpack and heading out. As she opened the apartment door, Brendon stood there with a smirk.

"Does your uncle always bad mouth your friends?" He asked the two of the walking down the hallway.

"Only annoying ones." She retorted with a smirk, Brendon shoving her arm lightly.

☆☆☆

Winter was showing how to open his locker since he got one of the stubborn ones. What she didn't notice was Casey spotting her.

"Winter!" She heard Casey's voice yell with excitement. She turned around to see her bestfriend hurdling herself towards her. Luckily she caught her in time and with the help of Brendon stabilizing her, she didn't fall over.

"Casey!" She said back with equal amount of excitement.

"Oh I've missed you this summer!" Casey whined still hugging her friend tightly.

"Casey I was only gone for two months." Winter chuckled, before slipping out of the embrace. "By the way I want you to meet my pain in the butt, Brendon Bender."

"Hello." He said waving awkwardly, Casey stretched out her hand.

"Hi I am Casey Huckabee, pain the butt number 1 and awesome reference speaker." She told him with a smile shaking his hand.

"Ive heard alot about you." Brendon told her chuckling. "All good things."

Farkle, Maya, Riley and Lucas walked up to them. During the summer, Winter had a hour long conversation with Lucas to clear the air. Seeing him made her spiral back to it.

( Him speaking underlined)

She sat on the porch waiting anxiously as the phone rang, finally the boy answered after 4 rings.

"Winter? Hello?"

"Lucas, hi." She responded biting down on her fingernails

"Winter, I was so worried about you and-"

"Lucas, let me speak first."

"Um okay..."

"First thing is first im doing okay, and I hope you are too." She said taking a deep breath. "Lucas, when I first met you. I knew you were such a great guy. You were handsome, a gentleman, you were kind and happy. You were perfect, and I, not so much. You were the golden dream. But then Riley told me she liked you and I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Trying to be friends with you and trying to hold my feelings back. It all seemed hetic. I-"

"Im sorry but it kinda sounds like your breaking up with me..."

Winter let out a soft laugh, "It kinda is."