Chapter 1: What a peaceful beginning

3rd person POV

"Papa! Look at this!" Henry said. 

Little Henry was only 5 but so fascinated by little science books, already learning so many words. Henry read books with experiments for kids his age, experiments with finding bugs, and some where they would identify what type of bug they were. Henry was always fascinated by the sciences.

"Oh yeah? What did you find Henry?" His father asked. Henry got on his father's lap and showed him a picture in the book. The picture was of the bone and blood structure of a beetle. "Oh wow, very interesting."

Little Edward jumped up and looked from behind the chair. The two boys were identical twins, so they often times were confused by their parents, but their personalities gave away which one they were. "I want to see that!" he said, "can we find one and dissect it?!" Edward said with a smile. 

Edward was the same age as Henry, small and curious, but he was always the first to ask about dissecting things. Henry usually defended though. So in a way, you could say that Edward was always a little more destructive. But even thought they fought, they always made up in the end and played together.

"No!" Henry yelled. "That'll hurt them! We don't want to hurt or kill them!" Henry defended.

"Who cares? We'd get to see it for ourselves!"

"No! I don't want to hurt them!"

"Just make a drug for them."

"I don't know how to yet!"

"Boys, boys," their father said. "We don't need to hurt the bugs, I don't even think we have this type of beetle in the area, but what we can do is make one."

"How would we do that?"

"We can use this book and make a model out of paper and paints. That way, you both can 'dissect' it, without hurting anything." 

"Yeah!" Henry replied and jumped up. Edward came around the chair excitedly and the boys ran while their father followed behind. Henry carrying the book, then he set it on the table while Edward got the supplies to make the model. Once their father got to the table, their mother came in with a snack for them.

"What's happening in here dear?" She asked her husband.

"We're going to make a model of a bug for the boys." He replied as she set the snack on the table. The boys both grabbed a little and happily ate it. 

"That sounds interesting. Come get me when you've finished, I'd love to see it."

"Alright Ma!" Henry and Edward replied in unison. Then the three started on the project as their mother left to go clean the kitchen.

After hours of hard work, they finally had finished the beetle model. It was rather large, about 5 or 10x the size of a normal one. The model was made in a brilliant way, so that when the boys would open the back of the beetle, they could see everything inside and take all the organs out, the put them back together. Both of them ran to get their mother, then once she had seen the whole thing, they had played with it and dissected for hours.

The boys and their parents had always done stuff like that with them. They both loved it too. They're mother and father didn't like anything more than playing and interacting with their boys. The 4 always ate their dinners together, and always talked about the day if their father had work or Henry and Edward had school. What a lovely life they all were living...

That is until the pandemic breakout.