Chapter 14: Preparation

3rd person POV

"Simon Stride..." Henry says the name as if he was trying to find the man simply by saying it.

"Let's go get him!"

"We don't even know where he is. What we can do right now is prepare for when we meet him. We'll meet him at one point, so we outta be prepared for it."

"How do we prepare for it?"

"I've been thinking and working a little on a potion that will change our identities, we can do a little more without the real one of us caught. We'll be completely different people."

"Really? When can you have it finished?"

"A couple days from now."

"I say let's do it!"

Henry smiles a little at his twin's excitement, and he ponders the idea for a moment. Henry soon comes to the conclusion that he'll make the potion for them, he tells Edward this and Edward is very excited. Henry laughs. "Alright we will, a question though, would you like to practice our skills until we can find him?"

"Of course I would!"

The two get up, they go into a rather large room of the house, and Henry tells Edward to start first considering that's who the potion was originally for. Edward gets into a position and plans what he's going to do. When he finally has an idea, he begins running to the other side of the room, a little faster already than he normally is. Edward uses this to his advantage and jumps a few feet earlier than he normally would. When he jumps, the power of it is 3x what it normally is. Edward is quite surprised by the sudden ability and grabs onto a beam that he comes up to. Henry, surprised as well runs so he's right under Edward. Edward is holding on the best he can, though the fine wood is trying to refuse his grip.

"Edward are you okay?!" Henry yells.

"I-I don't know! Let's see if I can get up here first!" Edward tries for a moment, then finally manages to climb onto the beam. He sits down on it when he gets on top of it.

"That was incredible!!! Even that day that I first saw it, you jumped way higher than that first day!"

"I know! That day you saw though was normal for me, I've been able to do that since my accident in that class. But now.. this is going to take some time to get used to. How high can you jump?"

"Um.. I don't know." Henry backs a little, then jumps. He doesn't jump as high as Edward though.

"You're about where I was before, though a little higher."

"Yeah, I think that may be though because I drank the liquid, not breathed it in."

"True." Edward states, then finds a way to get down without breaking every bone in his body.

The two practice and get used to the new abilities for a few more hours.

For the few days after while Henry is fixing up the potions for them, Edward often times continues to practice his magic shows and pickpocket-ting. He begins to slowly improve on the pickpocket-ting when Henry comes to get Edward on the third day of waiting.

"Edward I've finally done it!!!"

"Really?!" Edward turns around swiftly and excitedly, following Henry to his lab.

Henry shows Edward the potions, Edward examines them as Henry explains the different chemicals and what the potions should do. Once Henry is done they stare at their potions for a moment, not knowing if it'll damage their system, or them, or if they'll be fine and it'll do as they intend. Edward comforts Henry though by telling him that if it was made by Henry, it'll be okay. Edward drinks his potion first, Henry is a little nervous but follows in his brother's actions. 

The two begin to feel pain. A horrible and almost deadly nausea, a headache worse than they've ever experienced, and a feeling within them as if their bones were grinding upon another. The two yell and scream in pain. Henry tries to comfort Edward a few times, even though he's feeling the same pain. Henry holds Edward's hand.

"It-It'll be okay! We-We'll g-get through i-it!-AGHH. I-I'm sorry E-Edward!!!" Henry feels a wave of the powerful pain hit him and he can't help but let go and tries to calm himself. 

After another moment or two, they brothers finally calm down. Edward breathes heavily and looks up a little, only to be surprised by long hair that isn't his. 
"...blond?" (or whatever you're thinking. I imagine they look like the Edward Hyde from The Glass Scientists comic. And I imagine they both look like him considering they're twins, you'd think they're bodies would react the same or at least similar.)

Edward slowly sits up to examine himself. His clothes are a little big for him, and he confirms that his hair has become a blond color. He moves his hair to look at Henry who looks the same as he does. Henry looks equally surprised, but also excited that the potion had worked. The two stare at each other, then soon get up and look in a mirror. Both very happy that it worked hug each other excitedly.

"This is perfect! Now we can possible get close to him without him knowing it's us."

"Right!" Edward suddenly feels a pang, one that almost feels of madness, but he tries to brush it off the best he can and continues to act as if nothing had happened. The two are finally ready to roam the streets as these others until they find Simon Stride.