XIV | they can make the whole universe jealous

During university, Camila's mouth was extraordinary. Right now, the few words she said forced Annabelle to be at a loss for words, before she eventually let out a soft chuckle and threw the script in her hands with a "pah" on the table. She didn't even bother with Camila. Instead, she stared at Isabelle.

"Isabelle, is it worth it to get mad? The industry has always ran like this. Rich people call the shots. If you really can't take the loss, then why don't you find a several thousand million investment and change it back? Don't go getting upset because you're incapable of something like this, and don't go ordering your assistant to randomly curse people!"

"Annabelle, with what eyes did you see Izzy ever order me to curse you out? So you are blind after all! You must've been blind when you got with your man too!" Camila was so pissed at Annabelle, the words spewed thoughtlessly from her mouth. "Let me tell you, Annabelle! It's enough for you to go round parading that blind boyfriend of yours, you have to go and do it in front of Izzy. Aren't you afraid of getting slapped? That man of your can't even compare to a single strand of Izzy's boyfriend's hair!

"Also, do you feel proud for treating the entire crew to afternoon tea? I'll leave it at that. Let's not even talk about afternoon tea, with Izzy's man's single word, he could have everyone on set receive a paid leave!

"Of course, there's the script. Let's not even talk about the script, he can cut out your entire role! Cutting your role is nothing, he can stop the filming at any minute!"

When Annabelle heard this, she laughed like it was a really funny joke. She snorted disdainfully and let out a snicker. "If you're really capable of that, Isabelle, then may we ask you to please call him? Call him to come over and let everyone get to know him."

Camila really hadn't thought before she spoke. Anger alone had turned her eyes red.

At Annabelle's suggestion, Camila suddenly snapped back to her senses, and she turned her head and looked over at Isabelle.

Actually, she didn't lie. Isabelle was officially Alexander's wife, and Alexander really was capable of the things she said, but... to make her ramble like that just now, if she wasn't able to call Alexander, then it would really sound like she was just bragging.

What's more, the whole crew was here taking a break at the time, so they saw everything unfold.

Maybe she might had made it easier for Annabelle to make fun of Isabelle...

In actual fact, Camila knew full well that she was too impulsive just now, but since she had pushed it to this point, it was impossible for her to stop here. All she could do was nudge Isabelle and say in such a low voice only the two of them could hear, "Izzy, you'd better call Mr. Smith or else it's going to be hella embarrassing for us."

Isabelle silently swept her eyes across the people around them, then whispered to Camila in the same low voice, "I don't know Alexander's number."

She didn't, in fact, know Alexander's number.

His previous number was canceled. There hadn't been a way to contact him ever since he came back to the country.

"It can't be?" Camila, who was extremely confident at first, instantly deflated like a withered ball. "Then, this time, we're really finished..."

Isabelle's background was good, but even so, Annabelle still didn't believe that she could produce the man from Camila's description; someone who could invest over a billion and stop filming at any given moment.

Seeing Isabelle and Camila now whispering among themselves, she was even more certain that Camila had just been bluffing. In that instant, she became sufficiently confident, smiled, and spoke with obvious pretentiousness. "What's wrong? Your bluff didn't play right? Did you dig your own grave with that bluff?"