XXVII | from the moment we met... it was you

This morning, Isabelle felt a little crushed when she saw people cursing her out in the morning, so she dragged Camila out for a big meal to make her feel better, but now... at this very moment, she felt really down.

Camila was furious, while Isabelle, the actual person involved, was inevitably devastated, so Camila could only hold her anger in and comfort her friend.

"Izzy... a few days back on the set of "Love at First Sight", Annabelle must've felt terrible after Mr. Smith treated her like that. Can't you jump two steps back and let her say what she wants to make herself feel better?"

Sometimes, Camila liked to stray from the topic. The first half of what she said started to make Isabelle feel a bit better, so she nodded in agreement, and picked up her chopsticks, ready to start eating a table full of food.

In the end, she had eaten just two pieces of fish when Camila digressed. "Izzy, don't even talk about... Annabelle's boyfriend looks pretty rich to propose to her with a ring the size of a dove egg..."

Isabelle, who didn't have a wedding ring, felt completely down in the dumps.

Don't even mention a diamond the size of a dove egg. Isabelle didn't even have a little hundred dollars silver ring...

She glanced over at her bare two fingers, hung her head, and put her chopsticks down.

That was when Camila realized that she said something wrong. She quickly shut her mouth, and carefully sneaked a few glances over at her friend. Just as she was about to say something else to cheer her up, Isabelle's phone suddenly rang.

"Who's calling?" asked Camila. Seeing as Isabelle didn't even react, she lifted her chin in curiosity, and saw the word "Alexander" come up on the screen, so she reminded Isabelle in a surprised voice, "Mr. Smith is calling. Didn't you wait all afternoon?"

Isabelle rested both hands on her chin, turning her head over in no hurry. She glanced at it, then reached her hand out to pick up the phone.

Camila thought that Isabelle would take the call and return to how she was before; chatting, picking up her chopsticks to grab and drool over the sea urchin.

But before Camila could put the sea urchin into her mouth, she saw Isabelle's fingers casually swipe the screen. She didn't pick up the call, but hung up!

Camila's hand shook, and the sea urchin in her chopsticks fell to the table. As she called the waiter over for a new cup of tea, she asked, "Izzy, why didn't you pick up?"

Before the last word fell, Alexander called again. This time, it rang for about five rings before Isabelle hung up on him again.

"You've obviously been waiting for his call. Now that you've waited so long for it, you clearly want to pick it up, and yet you're acting all proud... what do you call this?"

In the midst of Camila's speech, Isabelle hung up another one of Alexander's calls.

"I remember... it's that... your body is more honest than your words..."

With Camila's words, Alexander called again. Before the phone could ring, Isabelle ruthlessly cut it off.

-

On the plane home, Alexander who hadn't rested well in a long long time was so excited that he didn't sleep for the entire fifteen hour journey. Instead, he sat there in a daze.

When he reached the airport, he got his suitcase and immediately walked over to the car park without any stops, and drove his car back to York Garden.

It was just eleven in the afternoon at the time. According to his understanding of Isabelle, she probably would have just woken up or might even still be asleep, as she slept late last night.