two

{ Reia's POV }

This is how life has been for me. My father Luca is recently retired, but that is only causing him to hover over me more. My mother travels a lot for reasons that I'm apparently not allowed to know, but she promises she'll tell me soon.

I'm grateful for this messed up family of mine, and I'm grateful for the life I have...

I feel like a brat for saying that I don't quite seem to fit in it as well as I should. It's more of my problem than anyone else's...

I shouldn't complain I have a family who loves, and would die to protect me. I have a roof over my head, and food to eat.

Some people don't have that... I'm truly grateful, and because of that I don't say anything about how I feel...

What right do I have to complain?

<{🥀}>

Today Cristian's underboss for the Italian's is arriving his name is Dimitri, and he is bringing along Annika who is Cristian's sister with him.

So now I'm just sitting in the library reading about weapons, fights, wars, languages, and technology like every other day of my life.

<{🥀}>

Dimitri and Annika have arrived.
My uncle Lorenzo who I call Enzo, just came and got me saying my father was asking for me.

I walk downstairs beside Enzo, I immediately see a very attractive and muscular man who if I remember correctly is in fact Dimitri. He is standing next to a girl with short blonde hair, who I know to be an older version of Annika.

As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs my father introduces me which is new because normally I don't meet new people, I'm normally hidden in my room or library.
Their choice not mine. Safety reasons I guess.
Either that or I'm an embarrassment to them.
Not sure which.

However I guess all of us use to know each other when we were younger anyway, and they'll be living here so my father really doesn't have a choice. Plus he isn't the Don anymore so I'm exactly sure how much control he has now.
I mean I'm not in the mafia so I don't even know that I'll be able to stay here.

I guess it's up to my father and Christian to decide...

"This is my daughter, Reia. If I can remember correctly, I think the three of you use to know each other." My father says

"We did." Dimitri says to my father in a tone I can't quite figure out, then Dimitri turns his attention to me and says "It's good to see you again, Rei." using the nickname him and Cristian used for me when we were younger.

"It's good to see you too, Dim." I say using the nickname I gave him when we were younger, making a ghost of a smile appear on his face but he quickly composes himself. I could have just imagined it because I don't think anyone else noticed it. Dimitri nods and before anything else can be said or done, I'm almost tackled due to a hug from Annika.

Thank god I have pretty good balance!
I hug her back. We pull away and look at each other I see she is wearing a huge smile on her face so I return one of my own...