Chapter 20 : Everything Is Just Dandy

I just gotta say wow...it's 2020 y'all omg
I haven't updated in years! What the heck! Well I'll back to writing after I remembered I had this app lol. This chapter will be short, but I hope it's good. Thank you for reading.
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hazel

I'm still with Jack and I'm honestly second guessing myself. He's a crazy murderer who strikes terror into the citizens heart...how can I promise to be with a man like that? When I stand for justice? This is all moving too fast. Those are the only thoughts going through my head.

Next morning...

I still haven't seen Jack. It's been almost a week. I've been able to catch quick glimpses, but never have I gotten a full look. He's always looks pissed though...so I'm assuming that troubled boy is gone and replaced with the sexy psychotic Joker. Wait, sexy? What's wrong with me!

Since I haven't seen him in such a long time I've had the time to think about everything, and I mean everything. I feel that the scared little boy inside Joker deserves to feel happiness...but I also think the Joker deserves a tad of happiness too. He wants to change, well I hope so still. But I'm pretty sure that thought is long gone, his thoughts are probably only consumed by money and sex now. Just like how they were when I first met him.

Why does someone so psychotic gotta be good looking? I think that's completely unfair for women's hearts.

Bang

Bang

Bang

My heart freezes. I knew it... he would never change. I'm sure he was just holding back, just messing with me. Of course, I'm so gullible. All because I wanted to see the good in a psychopath. Standing quickly I face the door and walk backwards to my bed side table. Grabbing the butterfly knife from the drawer I make sure to be prepared, and I'm not left waiting long.

The door slams open and in walks the man who has plagued my thoughts for a whole week. His smile? psychotic. His eyes? psychotic. His face? Handsome as fuck. Why cruel world?

His eyes land on me and he smirks "hey kitten"

KITTEN?!

Do I look like a freaking kitten? What the hell Is wrong with him?!

"Hey emo"

His eyes light with rage "who the fuck do you think you're talking to?"

I laugh "oh a little boy"

His strides are long and he reaches me with a few steps. He grabs my face with a harsh grip and pulls me to him.

"You really PISS me off! Why did I keep you alive?"

I stare into his rage filled orbs and wish for him to croak. Or maybe twerk, both would be cool.

His underlings start to fill the room and I know something bad is about to happen, I'll just keep my mouth closed then. Lord knows I'm a sassy bitch. But first! I need to escape this dude.

Kicking Joker in the face he stumbles back from shock, so I take advantage of that. I bring my knee to his junk and slam my elbow in his throat. He drops like my grades and I sorta feel bad. Then I get over it.

His underlings are obviously not happy at me for hurting their boss, so of course they all pull their guns. Just great.

I hear the safeties release and that's my cue to run. Dashing for the closest escape route, which is of course the big glass window. The last thing I hear is Joker's panicked voice saying something, then gunshots, then glass breaking and the feeling of a bullet hitting me in the shoulder and hip.

I don't scream as I fall, but I scream when I land on my wounded shoulder.

Everything's just so dandy today, isn't it?

Hello! Sorry it's so short. I honestly had written a whole different chapter, but then it didn't save and I had to rewrite the whole thing. But I like this version more lol. Enjoy!
Stormmies are awesome
-Wynterlily❄️