Chapter 4

MIA'S P.O.V

The spices of the chicken curry I'm currently cooking fills in my nostrils. The sauce is thick and rich in flavour. I mix the cooked chicken with the sauce using a wooden spoon waiting for my boyfriend to get back home from uni.

Carter studies business administration management at the same university as me, but due to our courses being taught at different buildings, we never see each other there. I have uni on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday while he has on Tuesday and Wednesday. The times we have lectures are also different, mine are in the morning while he's are in the afternoon.

I put the wooden spoon aside and turn around on the island to check the time on my phone. It's 6:45 pm he should be here any minute now considering his lecture ended at 6:00 pm.

I turn around and open the cabinet grabbing two plates and putting them on the kitchen island. I purr water in the glasses I brought down earlier and sit down on the stool looking at my lecture slides on my laptop. I check the time again to see that another 5 minutes have passed. I shut off the stoves and serve us the food, before sitting down again and waiting patiently for my boyfriend to come whilst sipping little by little my water.

I hear the unlocking and jiggle of keys being carried around. He's finally here! I sneak a peek at the time on my laptop, 6:57 pm, before closing it and putting it aside.

"Mia! I'm home, " he yells from the hall, as I can hear him putting his coat away.

"In the kitchen! Food is ready and served," I say whilst turning around on the stool.

"Mm, smells nice, hey baby, " he comes and gives me a quick kiss on the lips, before sitting down across me.

"I know, I was really tempted to just eat without you so you're welcome, " I say and give him a small smile.

"Well thanks for waiting, " he says as he takes a mouthful of chicken curry and rice.

"What took you so long?" I question him after swallowing the piece of chicken I was chewing.

"I was talking with the guys and didn't realize how time went on but I did bring you something as an apology for being late."

My eyes light up with curiosity at the mention of a gift for me, an amused smile taking its place on my face.

"Don't look at me like that, eat your food and then I'll give it to you, " his smirk turning quickly into a full-on grin.

"Okay, " I say and continue on eating, the delicious food I made.

We don't really talk much during dinner. After we're done eating, Carter offers to help me with the plates bringing them in the sink for me. I decided to wash them now so I won't have them tomorrow.

I go into our small lounge after cleaning to see Carter laying on the sofa with his legs up on the coffee table. I sit next to him and fold my legs under me.

"So, what did you bring me?" I ask Carter with a tight lip smile on my face. Eager to see what he brought me at such an hour.

"Oh, yeah, wait here, " he says and stands up going to our front door to where he left his stuff.

He comes back with a small bouquet of flowers in his left hand. I squeal and carefully take the flowers from his hand. I love flowers, my favourite is pale pink roses and orchids. I'm not sure what type of flower this is though. They look like lilies.

"What type is this?" I ask him before giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"I don't know, they're just flowers, " he shrugs, his attention already on the football game playing on the T.V.

Boys I swear!

I get up and go back to the kitchen, placing the bouquet on the counter, I go to find a pair of scissors and a vase. I cut the ribbon holding the flowers together and fill the vase with water, placing the flowers in and putting them in the corner of the kitchen counter.

I return to the lounge where Carter is, debating between asking him something or not. I didn't realize I was biting my lip until my teeth crazed over a sore spot where my lips split from the cold. I sigh and join him on the sofa. I place my head on his shoulder and he immediately put his arm around me. I look at the T.V while playing with the rings on my left hand.

"C?" I sometimes call him that for short.

He mumbles for me to continue.

"Do you want to go out on a date this Friday? We can go for food or bowling or something, " I ask him while looking at him with a hopeful look on my face.

"Sorry baby, but I can't. I just made plans with the guys for Friday maybe another day, yeah?"

He gives me an apologetic smile and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, sure, some other time, " I say giving him a smile as he leans down and kisses me deeply on my lips.

Our kiss becomes more heated as I slowly turn around and wrap my legs around him, straddling his hips.

"But, you know we can do something else now to make up for Friday."

His breath hits my lips as he talks before going back to kissing me. I moan as his hand travel up my naked thigh to my butt under the pyjama shorts I'm wearing and gives it a firm squeeze.

By his actions, you would think that Carter likes it rough but he doesn't, that's as far as it gets with him. I try talking to him about it numerous times in our 2-year relationship but he just doesn't want to talk about it.

I run my hand on the back of his hair and detach my lips from his for a second to say, "Sure, we don't need to go to the bedroom we can just do it here, " I say before grabbing the bottom of my shirt and pulling it off leaving me naked on the top.

"Fuck," he whispers before grabbing my boob and stimulating my nipple. He removes his hand and wraps them around my thighs before standing up and pulling us toward the bedroom.

"The bed is more comfortable, " he says and kisses me before I can say a thing.

Is going to be a long pleasurable hopefully, night tonight.

------------

A/N

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this chapter we finally met Carter for the first time!

Some questions for this chapter:

-What is your first impression of Carter?

-What are your thoughts about their relationship so far?

-Do you think they could work through their problems?

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice day! Xx