Chapter Forty Six

I just nodded as I tuned out the craziness that was going on around me, happy in the knowledge that I had made the right decision and I was back where I belonged. My mum was right, they may not be family by blood but they were still my family.

Xavier's POV

When I finally woke up it was dark out. At first I thought that I had dreamt fighting back as I was surrounded in darkness, but after I calmed myself down and started to take note of what was around me I realised that it was just dark out. I had no idea what time it was or even what day it was but I was just glad that I was awake.

I lifted my head up slightly to see if I could find Blaine anywhere but frowned when I couldn't see her. Hadn't she been just next to me not long ago?

I pressed the call button to get someone's attention and sighed when Hannah and a nurse walked in, both looking tired and disheveled.

"Xavier you're awake" Hannah sighed in relief as she took a seat next to me. The nurse just offered me a small smile and nod before checking my vitals before quietly leaving.

"What... what happened?" I asked as I cringed at the pain of using my voice.

Hannah didn't respond at first, she just offered me a small plastic cup of water with a straw in it to help ease the raspiness in my voice. Finally she looked up at me though and offered me a small smile "Anna and Blaine managed to get you back, but it wasn't easy. It took a lot of energy on both their parts to achieve what they did" she muttered as she ran a hand through her messed up hair.

"Hannah... what happened?" I asked again, needing to know what happened to my mate and my Luna.

"Well after they managed to bring you back Anna collapsed on the floor, the strain of the Goddesses touch to much for her to cope in the current state she's in. She's doing fine now though, both her and the baby are okay, they're just resting in a room a few doors down from you" Hannah nodded as she looked to her right, as if she could see Anna through the walls.

"And Blaine?" I prodded, my heart rate picking up and my palms beginning to sweat as a small dose of fear trickled down my spine.

"She... she umm... lost a lot of energy, too much energy for her body to handle causing her heart to momentarily stop beating" she stuttered as she looked up at me.

I shot up into a sitting position but quickly collapsed back onto the bed as the bullet wound in my shoulder screamed in pain. "I h-have to see h-her" I managed to get out as I tried once again to sit up, groaning as the stabbing pain intensified.

"Oh no you don't" Hannah stated as she stood up and placed her hands on my shoulders, gently forcing me back down onto my bed. "Xavier listen to me, we got her back, she's fine. She's currently unconscious and sleeping in the room next to yours" she explained as she walked over to the blinds on my left and pulled them up so that I could see into the room next to mine. "She's drained but the doctors are confident that she'll make a full recovery in a couple of days" she said as she looked over at me, making sure that I was staying put.

My eyes didn't waver from Blaine though as I watched her sleep through the glass wall. She looked so peaceful I would have almost guessed she was just sleeping and hadn't just died trying to save me.

"How did they...?" I muttered as I ran my eyes over her blanket covered body.

"It wasn't easy" Hannah sighed as she came and sat back down next to me. "The wolfsbane in your system was causing your body and wolf to deteriorate with every passing second. Your wolf was to weak to help heal you and without him we all knew you'd die" she sighed as she held her head in her hands. "Anna came up with an idea to use her gift to channel Blaine into your head and try and search out your wolf, offering him her energy so that he could resurface and heal you.