12 / Wild

Wooyoung lean closer making the girl close her eyes in anticipation. She told herself she is engaged but does that even matter right now? They might permanently have to stay in the Island for all they knew and she might never get a chance again.

"What are you doing?", Wooyoung ask out of nowhere making her open her eyes and gasp. Wooyoung was choking a snake and before she knows it, Hyejoo screams like no tomorrow.

It seems that while Hyejoo was having a heart to heart talk, the snake must have sneak in and tried to attack the girl from the back but Wooyoung, not wanting to scare the girl, secretly get closer and choke the snake in its head so that it wont be able to use its mouth.

She was red from embarrasment and terrified that she look away and fan her face.

'What was that about?'

Wooyoung came back after killing the snake at the far place.

"We...we should go back",  Hyejoo stammered and avoid eye contact. She didnt think she would caught herself so much in the moment that she wasnt thinking straight when she thought he was leaning in for a kiss. He noticed too, and is leaning for one but the snake disturb them.

"Ye...yeah we should", he was a stuttering mess as well, red cheeks and eyes coming in contact with anything else but her.

They get back home not sparing each other a glance and without uttering a words. The sky was clear as if it didnt pour its tears an hour ago. The air was filled with awkwardness and uneasiness that is killing the both of them.

"I'm sorry", Wooyoung speak up out of nowhere while siting far away from each other as much as they can in the small house.

"Fo...for what?", she didnt want to sound affected but they both knew she is.

"I...I didnt mean to give you fa...false hope"

The air was so thick that even a fly wont want to get in between.

"False hope? Yo...you didnt give me anything!"

"Then why are you stuttering?"

"You did too!"

They suddenly glare at each other, forgetting the awkwardness for a bit and turn away. They are definitely back on their old self.

"We dont have fruits anymore, I'll go and look for more", Wooyoug stand up only to be thrown a berry in his head.

"The basket is still full. Dont try to run away from your problem", Hyejoo eyed him judgingly and point to the basket full of fruits. They started to grow tired of eating them, but they still couldnt find anything else and have to cope up with anything they are capable at the moment.

Wooyoung look at the fruits carefully and stutter out, "We ran out of p...pears. I will go and look for them".

She didnt bother stopping him this time and let him leave for the second time. Hyejoo pace around the house and tried to object everything. Will there be a chance to ever get out if people can even come here?, she ask herself this question and keep a note to herself that maybe they wont have to live there forever.

She grew bored at last and suddenly look for something to do, "Maybe I should try making fire again, the weather is getting bad and it will get real cold at night".

She poke around the old ashes and at the corner, the ground looks strange and she dug it. Her eyes grew wide when she came in contact with a fire maker, not a match but it can still produce fire, a typical village man's fire.

She scream of joy but the fire water was not that many and she knew that they will have to take care of the fire to not let it die even when they sleep at night.

She started collecting the dry woods and place them in the best way she could, she was not good at it first but after re-arranging for a few times, she finally found a perfect way and lit the fire. She gasp and cup her mouth, wanting to show them to Wooyoung she stood up and went for the door. Thats when the said male return panting and breathing heavily.

"SMOKES! WHY IS THERE A SMOKE?!"

There was a meat in his hand. It was such a coincidence that they have a meat and  fire at the right time.

"I told you to look for matches right? They arent exactly a match but it still work. And what is that on your hand?".

Wooyoung walk closer to the fire, feeling touch and happy. His mouth never closing as smoke get in his mouth, he cough.

"Some wild animals prey I think. They didnt finished it all. The blood isnt dried up and Its still warm when I saw it so I brought it home"

They happily look at the fire and then the meat until it hit Hyejoo, she gasp and pace towards Wooyoung, holding his shoulder as she look at him in the eyes.

"You mean it was still warm? Oh my god Jung Wooyoung, you're only a few step away from being their next prey. Never leave the house alone again"