22 / Talking

"Rin, how big is this island?", Wooyoung worded sweetly to the Chief's daughter. He himself wanted to puke at the thought that he will have stay there for the rest of his life and marry her.

The said girl smile sweety and tug her hair in her ears and look up at him.

"Quite big, why?"

He knew that was coming up so he cheers on the inside at the expected question.

"I want to explore everywhere with you. I want to know every good spot I can take you to have a fun time with"

As expected, the girl named Rin blush and hide her goofy not so beautiful grin.

"We can go and look around today if you want"

Wooyoung smile mischievously at her and hold her hand. It felt so strange and discusting from holding Hyejoo's hand and he didn't like it one bit.

The island was indeed big and Wooyoung had to look at every opportunity to let the word slip out of her mouth. But she was not easy as he thought so. He would have just strangle her and ran away if Hyejoo was not back there in the village.

"We should go back!", she announced when the sun was lower in the sky. It was almost winter and Wooyoung didnt realized how long they have been gone. It was summer when their plane had crashed and now winter is coming which he assume is about 4 months had already passed.

The bushes were thick but there was a path which the humans used and that was where they were walking on. He didnt want to look suspicious so he obeyed her and just followed her back.

But one road which she didnt took him was bothering his mind. Could that be the exist to the Island? He was not sure but he needed to find out sooner or later.

Meanwhile Hyejoo sat under the sun, weaving cotton and laugh at her state from time to time. One of the riches daughter in Korea, is weaving a cotton in an unknown Island, not knowing her future and she felt pathetic.

The elderly women keep telling her how to do it and she sigh, but when she do, she gets a glare and so she decided to keep quiet about it.

She dont know what these Islander could do as they are not quite civilized and for all she know, they could used her as a sacrifice or worse, eat her. She shiver at the thought and vomit internally. She had to behave.

Her thought trace back to Wooyoung. She was worried for him just as he does for her. Again, she laugh at the thought of worrying over Wooyoung. She remember being a cat and dog when they first encounter till a while back, but now they act like they cannot live without each other.

"Hmmm...keep going!", one of the woman shout at her and although her accent was thick and hard to understand, Hyejoo could make out it was directed towards her work and so she snap out of her thought and hurried up to continue her weaving.

She could only hope to get home.

The night came faster than she realized and went back tiredly. She was just glad that they did not let her sleep on the playground and instead gave her a hut. She clean herself and sit aimlessly on the ground.

Even when she was with Wooyoung, there barely was nothing to do, and without him, there was absolutely nothing to do at all.

But a creaking sound of her wooden door made her jump and she stare at the figure that was asking her if they could enter. She hesitated at first but after calming down, she let it enter.

It was a male figue and guiet small but as they came closer, Hyejoo realized it was only Yechan. She heave a relief sigh and greet the little boy.

"What brought you here? What if your mother is looking for you again?"

Yechan give her a small smile and sit on the ground as well, a little distance from her.

"Probably went to see her boyfriend"

Hyejoo widened her eyes and gape her mouth.

"Dont be so surprised. The people in this village are not what they are than they appears to be. They may smile and sweet talk you, but they stab and betray each other behind their back. I hate it here"

Hyejoo could see the hatred in his eyes and softened. He was merely 14 or 15 but he has already been through so much which make her question her suffering.

"Yechan, do you want to go back to Seoul with us?"

Yechan was shook at first but open up quickly.

"My whole years of being here, I never lived the happy days I once did with my father back in Seoul. Maybe I am being too selfish for not appreciating my mother and her effort to keep me healthy"

He paused and then stare back at Hyejoo who give him a resurring smile.

"But there is nothing I want then to go back to Seoul"