Particular taste

Chapter eleven: Particular taste (Emma's POV)

Thirty minutes.

I have been here for thirty minutes. He refuses to go to sleep and every time he almost does, he wakes up as soon as I try to leave. "Nick, let me go," I groaned. 

"Mm-mm," he shook his head and hugged me tighter. 

As much as I would love to stay the night with him, I'd rather not risk him waking up to me and blaming me for his stupid actions. "Nick, you have to let me go. Think about Rachel," I huffed, trying to get out of his grip. 

"Fuck Rachel," he groaned. 

"You already did that," I mumbled. It's true. He already did that when he cheated on me. I know she shouldn't have done what she did with him because she was well aware that we were in a relationship and it is her fault, but not all of it. It's his fault too. I hate them both. I just chose to remain strangers with Rachel instead of making a huge scene out of my hatred for her. I just chose to be the bigger person and actually use the maturity in me for good. 

"Nick-" he didn't even let me finish. 

"Why can't you just stay the night with me?" he asked while rolling me over so I lay beside him and he lay on his side, facing me. 

"Because you will wake up tomorrow morning. Sober. And blame me. I have to go, I brought you back here, I took care of you, I left you the Advil, you'll be fine," I explained with a sigh. 

"Just stay," he stretched out his words. 

"Ask Rachel to stay," I rolled my eyes. 

"Rachel's not here," he whined. 

"Would you ask her if she was?" I questioned, feeling a little hurt. 

"Absolutely not. She can't take care of someone for shit. Emma, please?" he whined. 

"I already took care of you, Nick," I groaned. 

"Take care of me more. Babe, please?" he mumbled. 

"You can't call me babe," I huffed. 

"Babe," he chuckled, "I wish I could still call you that," he sighed. 

"Nick," I huffed. 

"Can I call you that, Emma? Just for tonight?" he asked. 

"Call me whatever but let me go," I huffed. 

"No," he began getting frustrated and a little pissed off too. 

"Nick," I sighed. 

"Emma, I said no, okay?" he huffed. 

"I'm not asking you, Nick. I'm telling you to let me go," I said warningly. 

"Make me," he leaned in closer and I felt my body go stiff and freeze up almost instantly. 

I guess I could just stay until he fell asleep. There's no harm in that. "Fine, fine, I'll stay just- just stay on your side," I pushed him back and put a pillow in between, turning my back to him. 

"Fuck that," he threw it on the floor and put his arm around me. 

I bit my tongue and closed my eyes, letting out a sigh. "Nick, you are incredibly drunk, please just listen to me," I pleaded. 

"I always listen to you, now you listen to me. Emma Charlotte Roberts," he rested his chin on my shoulder and my breathing began quickening. "I miss you. So you will shut up, and let me cuddle you tonight. With the sunrise tomorrow morning, you can go back to hating me. Got it?" he mumbled.