THE PAST OF ME PT. 2

*POV RESAUNTE*
Kona FINALLY talked to me after the first month of her being here. It wasn't even something special. She literally was in her cell and she came to the bars and tapped on my shoulder (Scarying the living shit out of me). Then in the most meak, quiet voice she asked

"...can I have another cookie?"

What was I supoose to say? No?!?! So the next day I snuck in the Breakroom again and took a few and gave them to her when we were outside.

She sat beside me on a bench while she ate. She might not have been smiling but her eyes screamed joy.

"You really like sweets huh?" I ask.

She nods.

"Nah-ah I know you can talk now,so use your words" I snap.

She glares and looks away stubbornly.

I guff. "Fine no more sweets for you-"

"Yes, I do" a raspy, squeaky voice sounds out.

I chuckle to myself. We sit in comfortable silence with only the sound of her chewing and the waves.

I don't notice but I started to stare at the light blue surface of water as it danced in the sunlight. I wonder about how many fish is swimming around the area and what colors they are. They are happy. They are free.

I glance back at Kona and shes staring at me!

"What?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything but looks to the sea too.
  I sigh, Giving up on trying to force her to talk.

"My dad used to take me fishing at sea all the time. We rarely caught anything but it wasn't like we were actually trying. We just goofed around and try to sabotage each other. Sometimes we would even sit out late at night and look at the water reflecting the moonlight." I rambled.

I looked at Kona again. She was still looking at the sea but I could tell she was listening.

"You remind me of my little sister..." i said without thinking.

She looked at me confused and I coiled into myself, embarrassed.

"Sorry, that was weird my bad" I say.
Besides it's not like I have one now.

"...sister?" She says quietly. I almost jumped out of my skin.

She spoke on her own again.

I look at her confused but then it hits me.

I've been a slave for a little over 4 years now. But this girl. She's been here her whole life. She has no idea about sisters, dads, mothers.
Shes never had that.

"

Yeah...a sister is a female daughter of your mother... A mother is the person that gave birth to you...Oh, and a father is the person who...helped give birth to you!" I try my best to explain.

She doesn't say anything then squints

"How do I remind you of your sister" she asks.