Chapter 9

Mason looks at me in shock. He obviously thought that I would agree with him but I feel like I have to meet them at some point. Might as well get it over with.

"Are you sure?" He asks, squeezing my hand "You don't have to yet, not if you're not ready."

"I am, I think. Anyway, there's not point delaying the inevitable, especially if it's causing stress on Elsie and Cameron." I exclaim, giving Cameron a quick smile before turning my attention back to my mate.

He looks into my eyes, trying to decipher my emotions but he sees that I'm being honest. I hope he couldn't tell that deep down I'm terribly nervous about the whole ordeal.

After a few more seconds of trying to analyse my emotions, Mason lets out a sigh.

"Okay, if that is what you want. I'll arrange a brunch for tomorrow." He says, grabbing my hand "But, if it's too much for you I want you to tell me. I don't want you to over stress yourself."

"Deal."I say, pecking his lips to seal the deal.

"Thank you Alyssa." Cameron speaks up, walking over to Mason and I "Well, I better get back to Elsie before she sends out a search party or a hitman."

We all let out a laugh before saying goodbye. Once we hear the front door shut, Mason scoops me up into his arms and begins to walk to our bedroom.

"I can't believe you agreed to meet my mother." He speaks up.

"Well I will have to meet your family eventually, plus if she has already found out she deserves this sooner rather than later. She is probably already hurt."

"You're too good, Alyssa." He says, entering his bedroom and placing me on the bed. I smile and pull him down for a quick kiss.

Soon enough, we were snuggled into bed and falling asleep.

***

I wake up to Mason gently tapping my shoulder. I let out a breath and smile at him sleepily.

"Morning beautiful." He says, pushing a piece of hair out of my face. His hand rests on my cheek.

"Good morning." I say, moving my head up to meet his eyes. He leans down so he is crouched down at my height.

"Are you okay, my love?"

"I'm okay." I say, trying not to roll my eyes at his worrying "There is no need to worry."

"I will always worry about you, Alyssa."

His hand moves up and gently strokes my cheek. I sigh in content as I lean into his touch. We haven't been together for very long but I already feel like we are a fully mated couple.

Even if there hasn't been any mating. Well, not technically.

"What time is it?" I ask, breaking myself from his touch and sitting up in bed. I can see the sunrise from the windows so it must still be early.

Wait, why is he waking me up so early and why in hell is he up so early?

Alpha duties I am guessing.