Chapter 21

The sun has begun to set in the distance, taking refuge behind the tall mountains in the distance.  I can see the moon beginning to show as it begins getting darker. 

Today has flown by, it feels like it was only moments ago Mason and I were in the shower but its been a whole day. We ran for hours, exploring this part of his territory.

I really underestimated how big his land was, but he says not many people come up this way because it was dangerous in the winter months. I find that hard to believe but then again beauty can hid the worst dangers. 

I have been sat on an armchair next to the wall of windows, looking out at the beautiful view we have. It's so peaceful out there, only a few birds flying around.

A hand finds mine and grips it. I smile as Mason lifts me off the arm chair and sits down, placing me down on his lap. He smells woodsy and soapy from his recent shower, alone this time though.

I showered before him after our run and decided to sit here while he showered. I sit in comfortable silence, with only Masons shirt wrapped around me. 

We sit in each other's embrace as we watch the sunset. Only when it has completely disappeared from view do I speak up.

"It's a beautiful view, isn't it?" I ask, looking up to see Mason isn't looking out the window but at me. 

"You are beautiful." He states, like its a well known fact. He makes me feel so warm and comfortable, I can't even imagine what my life would be without him anymore. 

Thankfully, I would never have to found out. He has made it perfectly clear the he will never let me go and I would never let him get away again. I nuzzle my head into his chest and his arms hold me tightly.

"Mason..." I begin, lifting my head to look at him. He hums in reply. "You know the day you found me?"

"I remember it vividly." He states with a smile "Couldn't believe my luck. That you were at the one Alpha meeting that I refused to go too. I suppose I owe Cameron one for that. Without his obsessive nagging about how important it was, I wouldn't have gone."

"How could you tell I was there?" I ask curiously "I made sure that I sat somewhere where minimal people would see me, I didn't feel like making small talk. I certainly didn't see you go in."

"I went in the back door because I was slightly late." He admits, rubbing his hand up and down my arm "After a few minutes my wolf got restless, pacing in my mind and giving me a headache. So I excused myself for some air, that's when I heard someone vomiting. I was going to ignore it but my wolf pushed me to investigate. When I first knocked I didn't know but then I heard you're voice and caught your scent. Thats when I knew."

"Wow, that was pretty lucky. Imagine how different things would have been if your wolf hadn't felt my presence." I mutter, the multiple different scenarios pop into my mind. 

Mason grips my chin and makes me look at him. 

"I would not have stopped until I found you." His voice shows no sigh of doubt and I knew it too. If we hadn't met then we would have eventually, after all we are defined to be together. I know Mason would have given everything to find me. 

I nod and he places a kiss on my nose. When he pulls away I stifle a yawn, today has been such a long emotional day but I am not that tired.