5 | leadership

" The best leaders have a high consideration factor

" The best leaders have a high consideration factor. The really care about their people."

- Brian Tracy

✰✰✰

The night after Foy was secured, Easy thought Mourmelon was their newest destination, but Sink said one more time and they were off to Noville and then to Rachamps for one more time. 

Mourmleon would have to wait. 

But after Rachamps there was complete and utter bliss.

 When Lizzie slowly stepped into the convent, all she felt was warmth, a warmth she hadn't felt in so long, and there was a soft glow practically everywhere, lighting up people's faces in a soft hue of orange flames from candles. Lizzie's feet slowly dragged across the wooden floor of the convent as her eyes slowly settled on each man that rested in the convent in the pews. Lizzie looked up towards the roof and the ceiling of the convent, her eyes shining. It was so warm and so welcoming. 

Lizzie softly glanced towards Gene, who sat, adjusting Frank who had gotten a bullet in his butt. Gene slowly turned and met her gaze, and she watched a gentle smile bloom on his face. Lizzie's heart felt warm. 

She had seen Gene struggling out in Bastogne, struggling to cope, to remain oddly enough human, just like them all. Seeing Gene warm and happy made her happy for him - he deserved it. 

Lizzie slowly glanced towards the softly singing choir, before slowly stepping towards Gene. She moved in beside him and she slowly rested her weary body down in the pew next to Gene, letting her sore muscles melt into the seat. Lizzie felt a small smile on her face as the choir singers sang their beautiful song. It was so peaceful, all of it. 

Lizzie really wished Hazel were here now.

To see it all. 

To sit with her friends in the warmth and smile. She wished Hazel could've seen the smile that was on Shifty's face right now, or the soft looks from Joe. Joe had her bracelet out again. Lizzie smiled softly. Lizzie then glanced towards Gene beside her. 

His face was relaxed, his eyes shining from the way the candles that were lit seemed to shine in his eyes, and there was the faint hint of a smile on his lips. It was like he caught her looking as he glanced towards her slowly. Lizzie watched him with a soft look. He looked more relaxed than ever as he sat there. Especially for a medic. 

Lizzie hoped he'd stay this gentle. 

It was a nice change. 

Lizzie smiled a bit wider, before she let her head rest against Gene's shoulder and stay there. His arm slowly wrapped around her shoulders as she let her tired, weary eyes shut. He was so warm, and his godly touch was what Lizzie needed.