59 | one day

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. Do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

✰✰✰

The sun was gentle on her face that morning, streaming in through the open window, as a few birds twittered outside the glass. 

Catherine's eyes felt heavy as she slowly let them open and found herself cuddled right into her pillow, with an even warmer body cuddled against her, breathing softly against her skin and smelling like the gentle bout of cologne. 

George. His arm held her protectively close to him, under the covers, but against his warm body. And Catherine softly grinned to herself, feeling her cheeks warm just the slightest bit it seemed. Her eyes carried her towards her hand again as memories of late last night overwhelmed her system. 

As everything suddenly came flooding back. 

The ring on her finger glistened in the soft sunlight, making a lazy grin appear on her cheeks as she stared at it. 

Mrs. Catherine Luz. She never thought in all her years she would earn someone like George Luz, but lying here, looking at the ring, she did. She truly got someone she wanted to grow old with and have children with and sit and watch the sunrise with. 

George started shifting against her a bit, stretching the tiniest bit it seemed before nuzzling back against her like a child.

" George." she whispered softly, turning her head the slightest bit to find his head of hair shoved into her neck. She smirked the tiniest bit.

" George Luz." she called lightly again and she felt a tiny chuckle against her, and a tiny laughing noise escape his lips.

" I can hear you, mister." she said and George let out a chuckle against her before pulling back and lazily opening his eyes to meet hers, filled with sleep and love. A lazy smirk appeared on his face as he looked at his fiancée in the fresh morning light, glowing like the sun herself. 

Catherine finally turned herself to lay on her side and look towards him and softly grinned up at him, watching his face so relaxed and gentle in the late hours of the morning. His eyes she felt she could stare at all day, just watching them and how truly beautiful they were. She could lay here forever and simply watch his eyes.

" What?" George asked her as Catherine snapped out of it and finally met his gaze.

" Nothing....just..." Catherine blushed a bit as she averted her gaze elsewhere. George scooted closer and watched her with a grin.

" What is it?" he asked, " You look like you want to say something." Catherine let her eyes drift back to his and then smiled.

" You just look so happy." Catherine said, " Like....genuinely happy. And it looks good on you." George watched Catherine and swore he just fell even more in love with her.