- 22 -

Flashback

Captain Hook has just left the tavern and was making his way back towards the docks. He felt the presence of someone following him, he stopped and went to turn, "The last man who tailed me ended up with a dagged in his gut," Captain Hook said as he went in for an attack on whoever was following him, but he was grabbed by two men and a hood was placed over his head.

The two men dragged Captain Hook onto his ship, both were holding onto the Captain's arm. The bag was removed from the Captain's head and the two stepped back.

Captain Hook scoffed when his eyes landed on Poseidon of the ocean, Ursula's father, "You dare drag me onto my ship? You're a dead man," Captain Hook threatened him.

"You listen to me, my daughter is not going anywhere near this vessel tomorrow," Poseidon said.

Captain Hook chuckled, "Well, threatening me isn't gonna make her change her mind," He said.

Poseidon held out a small shell, "I don't need to change her mind, you do," Poseidon said to him.

Captain Hook looked at the shell, "How's a seashell gonna help me?" He questioned.

Poseidon waved his trident over the seashell and the shell glowed for a few moments, "It's not enchanted to take away her reason to leave, her voice, or rather, her singing voice. If she can't sing, she'll return to the seat, where she belongs," Poseidon told him.

"She told me what that voice means to her, I won't betray her, not since she spared my ship," Captain Hook said.

"What if I could offer you a way to destroy the Dark One?" Poseidon questioned.

"What do you know about my feud with the Crocodile?" Captain Hook asked.

"I know you've spent a lifetime searching for a way to kill him. I can offer you the magic that will finally set you free," Poseidon answered.

"What kind of magic do you mean?" Captain Hook questioned him.

"Squid ink, a single drop is potent enough to paralyse any being, even Rumpelstiltskin," Poseidon told him.

"And all I have to do is steal your daughter's singing voice?" Captain Hook questioned.

"It's simple, pirate. Just show her how awful humans really can be," Poseidon said.

End of Flashback.

Killian, Brooke and Ursula entered Gold's shop to see Will and Belle pulling away from each other instantly.

"Do hope we're not interrupting, but we need the thief's assistance," Killian said.

"And how do I know that you're Killian?" Belle asked.

"Oh, now you decide to question my identity," Killian asked her.

"If he were the Dark One, lover boy here would already be dead," Ursula said.

"And I wouldn't be here," Brooke said.

"Yeah, they have a point... But why should I help you?" Will asked.

"Because for once, we want the same thing, the Dark One gone. The key to making that happen is in here," Killian said he pulled out the glass bottle with the Jolly Roger inside.

Will bent down slightly to look at the ship, "Right, that's your ship, isn't it?" He asked and Killian nodded, "Bit small, isn't it?"

"Careful, mate," Killian said, "It's unwise to insult the size of a pirate's ship and you spent more time in Wonderland than anyone I know. You must have something that can restore it," Killian said.