TWENTY-FIVE - Prankster

I don't know what happened to both of us that weekend

I don't know what happened to both of us that weekend. As if something imploded and made us realize that staying out of each other's hair was a real struggle, or torture if you prefer. Since then, we've been seeing each other constantly. Luca has been inviting me over almost every day and we've been having sex frequently. You would think that after the 5th time or something you'd get bored or disinterested.

Let me tell you how fucking wrong I was.

It's already been two weeks. We're almost at the end of November and I often find myself counting the moments until I'm knocking on his door. And when he opens, we don't even give each other the time to breathe, we just dive right into it. I'd think I'd been less horny but no... I don't fucking get it.

We fuck, we eat, we speak, and we laugh. We enjoy each other's company, I can see how focused he is on me when I'm talking like he's drinking up every single word that comes out of my stupid mouth. All of my crazy work-related stories, or even the trouble I'd get into with Shane and Wayne... I'm feeling a connection I've never felt with anyone, not even John and still I barely know a thing about him.

I know he and his parents are Italian but he came here at a young age and they died shortly after they came here. But I don't know other than that and the fact that he's a tattoo artist and has a freaking huge penthouse. It bothers me somehow, even though we're not in a relationship or have even talked about exclusivity, it feels like I'm giving more than I receive in return. And that often leads to a toxic relationship.

The fact that we're not even exclusive makes my stomach churn. When these thoughts cloud my mind, I am just glad we've been using condoms since the beginning. I am not on the pill and don't plan on being so... wrapping it's the only way.

I need to stop thinking about this, about him. I will not be the clingy fling that talks about her feelings hoping he'll agree to make her official. If he wants it, he'll be the one to speak it. If not well, we'll go our separate ways eventually. So, to avoid thinking about this I leave the confines of my bedroom and go look for Shane.

Today is his day off and since is one of the few days I'm not supposed to be with Luca I wanted to spend some time with my best friend. After looking at the living room and the kitchen I head to his bedroom to knock but halt when I hear muffled voices coming from the office.

"I haven't found his face anywhere yet, but everything points to the fact that he's here. Give me another week and I'll give you more information." I heard Shane whisper. "Yes, you know I'm careful, no bastard can catch me even if they tried. Yeah, yeah, bye."

Odd conversations. 

What is he working on? 

I know he is a computer nerd and probably knows how to hack, but is he into shit he shouldn't? I hope not.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask, catching Shane off guard. His body slightly jumps and then all of the paper he was holding is thrown in the air and fall onto the ground.