TWENTY-EIGHT - Free falling

The day for my activity has finally arrived

The day for my activity has finally arrived. As soon as Wayne came back, I bombarded him with text messages to invite him and his girl to this. So far, it's booked for six since Shane decided to bring Jessica along. Without even meaning this looks like a freaking triple date and I hope it doesn't go wrong.

I also know a few won't be making it but there are two people that I will force to jump with me: Wayne and Shane. It cost me a fortune but it'll be so fucking worth it.

Especially Shane's face when he realizes what we are going to do.

I've spent all day of yesterday alone again and it was somehow gratifying in the end. I've been nothing but surrounded by people in the last few weeks and I appreciate it deeply because I have been feeling like I've never felt before. Connected to them and the world but my solitude is a big part of me and always will be. I can't go astray from that.

Having the house all for myself was refreshing and liberating.

Today I am wearing tight white jeans with combat boots and a fitted top. I am sorry, I can be feminine when needed but it doesn't come that naturally to me. My vibe is comfortable and slightly alternative. But oh well... I'll live.

As soon as I am ready, I hear the doorbell ring. They're here.

With the excitement coursing through my body, I head to the door and arrive in time to see Shane and Jessica, Wayne and his girlfriend and Luca in the far back with a grim look on his face. I furrow my brows in confusion but try not to let it get to me because my focus is to meet Wayne's girlfriend whom I've never met before.

She's beautiful, light brown hair with hazel eyes and a perfect porcelain complexion. With a more feminine style and a delicate stance, she fits him perfectly and it makes me smile wide before addressing them.

"Come in, come in," I say and as soon as everyone's inside I pull Wayne into a big, big hug. "Introduce her to me, asshole," I whisper to him.

"Right." He says awkwardly. "Mel, this is my girlfriend Andrea. Andrea, my best friend, Mel."

"I've heard so much about you, I was really excited to meet you," I tell her while giving her a side hug.

"I've heard about you too." She smiles up at me but I can see it doesn't reach her eyes. I shrug it off since I am not usually the best with people. I try sometimes but... you know me.

I nod at Jessica politely before smacking Shane on the back of his head. He curses at me while everyone laughs at him. Everyone but Luca...

That makes me look at him and remember. Remember what I've found that would rather forget.

"I'll just pick up my bag and we're off. We'll need two cars." I say after gnawing on my lip for a little bit, trying to keep it cool.

I head off to my bedroom to fetch my stuff. It's a good thing we're all together. It'll prevent me from saying something I shouldn't.