THIRTY-TWO - Half Truths

Tomorrow is already the first of December, which means that I have exactly one month to answer my father

Tomorrow is already the first of December, which means that I have exactly one month to answer my father. I don't want to go and lose the life I have here but Mr Robot induced the fear of the... consequences that might come; if I disagree.

If? Mel, look at yourself. I don't take orders from anyone. I do as I please.

Why in the hell am I considering conceding to a neglecting father's tantrums? And for what? Empty threats?

No way in hell I'll decide something that'll change my life to answer someone's whims.

I was about to turn the TV on when I heard a knock on my door. Stomping towards the front door, I peek through the peephole.

Fucking Mr Robot...Great, what does he want now?

"Open up butterfly, I know you're there."

"Butterfly my ass you dickhead." I say opening the door at the same time. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Jesus, don't you know how to make a sentence without swearing?"

"I can repeat it if you want, asshole," I say through gritted teeth.

"My ears have been murdered enough by your ugly words." He taunts. "Your father wants to see you."

"I still have a month left." I huff and step aside to let him enter. 

When he doesn't move, I roll my eyes in annoyance before adding, "Look, I have to go change. You can either wait inside or outside."

I am about to close the door on his face when his foot sticks out, preventing it. Idiot. Without waiting to let him in or close the door, I turn around and head to my bedroom. There, I change into street-appropriate clothes and grab my phone and keys before meeting with my father's bitch in the living room. 

Everything else happens in silence, with my mood taking a turn from having to see my sperm donor again. Throughout all of the drive, all he does is spare me a few glances through the rearview mirror and I try to ignore it by keeping my focus on the window next to me.

Luca's still living rent-free on my brain and I don't know what to do to stop it. I know in my gut that staying involved with him will not end well for me, especially when he has been so clear about what this is. And yet, I can't let go, even knowing deep in my gut that this will destroy me.

Luca Conte is a black hole, the kind you do your best to run away from but unsuccessfully because of all of the Universe's gravitating forces pushing you back there. There is no way out.

"We're here." Mr Robot chimes in, breaking my reverie.

Without a word, I exit the car and head to the house. The faster we can get this over with, the faster I'll be back home. I don't want to be here more than necessary. The front door is unlocked, as I expected so, I enter, feeling Mr Robot's footsteps close behind me. However, before I can get in through the Mansion, my father shows up in the hall with a big smile on his face. What a fake.