Chapter 7: Time to pitch

January 14, 2020
*Davina's POV*

Alright, today's the day, you can do this. You wrote a good song with your friends that deserves to be on this show. Before I could get in my own head I was pulled into a big bear hug, "you got this Dav, Kenny is going to love your song," Charlie, I just closed my eyes finding comfort in the embrace while he rested his chin on top of my head rubbing my back. "Hey!" He says releasing me from the hug, "I hope your ready to celebrate tomorrow, Ive got something fun planned!"

"You're very sure we'll be celebrating aren't you maple leaf?"

"That is the worst nickname, but yeah I am." He says tapping me on the nose.

"Davina, we're ready for you now." Kenny says coming down the hall to get me.

"Wish me luck?"

"You don't need it." Charlie stated with a smile

I put my heart and soul into that song when I was singing it for Kenny and the production team, I desperately wanted them to like it. I needed them to like my song, I guess mostly has a confidence boost and some form of validation to myself.

"Wow Davina, I loved your song! I think it'll fit in perfectly on the show!" I could faint, I could faint right here right now.

"Thank you so much!"

"Speaking of songs, how's your Ghost of You progress coming?"

"Um, it's great I have the perfect plan!" I have almost no plan.

"Great, well I'll see you on Monday, hope you're ready to start recording some songs!"

"More than ready Kenny!"

I ran out of there so fast to find Charlie and tell him, and there he was at the end of the hall waiting. He looked at me hopefully, "he loved it!" I yelled down at him.
"He loved it?!"
"Loved!" I jumped into his open arms as he spun me around.
"I told you so."
"I guess I should have listened to you maple leaf, you're right." He put me down but kept his hands resting at my sides, my arms still around his neck, chest to chest. Both of our breaths hitched, I had this feeling like there was no one else around just the two of us.
"Um," both of us quickly let go and step away from each other, "I'm gonna go home, I should call my sister to tell her the good news. I'll see you tomorrow at?"
"At 12"
"At 12," I smile and start walking away, "bye Charlie."

Two arms hook on to mine, I look over and see Owen on my right and Madi on my left, both grinning from ear to ear. "How can I help you two?"
"What was THAT?!" Madi squeaks
"What was what?"
"The hug? That dramatic movie scene hug?" Owen adds in
"It was just a hug."
"That was not just a hug, you like Charlie don't you?!"
"Will you keep it down Reyes, no I do not like Charlie we're just friends, and co-workers thats IT."
"Is that why y'all are going on a date?" I wish Owen would stop adding in his two cents.
"It's not a date, Charlie said that himself, just two friends hanging out to celebrate. Okay? Now I'm gonna go home and call my sister, I'll see you guys later."
"Mhmmm okayyyy." The two unhook their arms, I do not like Charles Gillespie, not the maple man, not now.