Fourty One : Trip With Twist

Plz forgive us for the late update. We were busy with our college works. Anyway enjoy the chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wei Zhan beamed with enthusiasm as he packed the essentials for their family trip. He was always a person who loved the idea of travelling. Lan Yibo smiled upon observing his happy husband and asked, "All set?"

"Yep. Everything's perfect."

It's the day for their trip organized by Yanli and Wen Qing. The five couples have decided to meet up at WeiLan at 10 AM. Just as they planned everyone arrived and Yanli smiled, "It's good to see y'all excited."

"Guys, let's fit ourselves in two cars." Lan Yibo remarked.

"Me and Wen Qing will accompany Shijie and Zixuan Ge." Jiang Cheng replied.

Lan Yibo unlocked his SUV to accommodate others. Lan XiChen and Meng Yao along with Xue Yang and Xiao Xing Chen joined Yibo and Zhan. They set forth for the journey in delight. As Lan Yibo was about to turn the navigation ON, Wei Zhan stopped him.

"I'll be the human navigator. Just follow my instruction."

"Okay wifey." Lan Yibo winked at Wei Zhan who narrowed his eyes in return. He took out his phone and called Yanli.

"Shijie tell us the destination."

"Well we booked a hillside cottage. The name is Cloud Recessess Resort."

"Great. Then we'll take the lead. You guys can follow us"

"Fine"

Wei Zhan hung up the call and set the destination on Google Maps. The drive was smooth without any hindrance and the couple relaxed themselves in the car.

"Now turn right from the corners" Wei Zhan instructed and the Lan Yibo steered the car right followed by Jin Zixuan. After sometime Wei Zhan furrowed his eyebrows and exclaimed, "Stop the car." Lan Yibo halted the car and looked at the younger man.

"What's wrong?" Xue Yang enquired.

Jin Zixuan abruptly stopped the car in confusion.

"Is there any problem?" Wen Qing asked. Jiang Cheng called Wei Zhan and enquired, "Zhan, what's the matter?"

"Sorry. I made a mistake. We should've turned Right after 15 meters from the corner." Wei Zhan replied sheepishly.

"Idiot just turn on the car navigation ON. Or else we won't reach there until midnight." Jiang Cheng shrieked.

They drove for an hour, escaping the bustling city and entered the countryside. The roads were a fine black ink in nature's green. As the car engine sung to the lone country roads, Wei Zhan enjoyed the winds that played in through his raven hair.

The journey along the mountain roads awakened a thirst for adventure and beauty in the couples. They paused for a moment to enjoy the scenic view, allowing themselves to merge with nature.

"It's really beautiful." Meng Yao murmured, mesmerised by the vibrant view.

"Guys, let's capture this moment." Jin Zixuan suggested and grabbed his camera. Everyone smiled and the photo was clicked. After a few minutes they resumed the journey.

"Hey let's sing some songs for fun." Xiao Xing Chen said excitedly.

"Yeah it'll be cool." Wei Zhan replied and played a song. Soon the car was blasted with voices.

"I might turn deaf. God please save my eardrum." Lan Yibo mumbled as he continued to drive.

Meng Yao, Xiao Xing Chen, Xue Yang and Wei Zhan screamed the songs out while Lan XiChen giggled. Later he too joined the four men.