iii. tiffany, embry

It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural.
Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories

iii. tiffany, embry

Seth and Gemini stood outside of Tiffany Call's house.

"Is this it?" Gemini asked, a little concerned about the home that Tiffany was living in.

The muscles in Seth's jaw flexed and his lips formed a straight line.

"This is where she lives." Seth answered.

Gemini sighed.

"Well, thank you for bringing me here." Gemini said, hoping Seth caught the hint to leave.

Seth looked at her.

"What do you want with Tiffany?" Seth asked.

Gemini smiled.

"Her and my mother were close. I just wanted to check up on her." Gemini answered, lying.

Seth frowned.

"Is your mother dead?" Seth asked.

"Yes." Gemini replied as she knocked on the door.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm not." She muttered but with Seth's super-hearing he heard her and frowned.

The door opened and Tiffany gasped at the sight of Gemini.

"Seth?! Gem...gemini!" Tiffany exclaimed as she quickly pulled Gemini into the house, leaving Seth behind.

"Okay then... bye." Seth said, walking away and heading straight to the Cullens.

Gemini smirked, waved two fingers to close the door.

"What are you doing here? Aren't supposed to be in New Mexico?" Tiffany asked as she took a seat on the couch.

Gemini picked up the bag of hot Cheetos on the coffee table and started eating them.

"I needed a change of scenery." She answered.

Tiffany could tel that Gemini was hiding something from her but she knew not to question her.

"Where are you staying?" Tiffany asked.

"Charlie." She replied.

"The chief." Tiffany said.

"Yup, he's my soulmate. I can't believe I finally found him and he's forty-something years old and lives in this boring ass town." She said.

"There's nothing boring about this place and you know it. You should have sensed what of kind of people live here as soon as you entered the town, Gemini and you're way older than him." Tiffany said.

"Mentally, yes but physically no and I can clearly smell a lot of things including your son." She said.

"He's a shape-shifter." Tiffany said.

"Like Seth. A Wolf." She said.

"It's getting tiring of hiding that I know what's going on around here but I have no choice since it would raise a lot of questions about how I know." Tiffany said.

Gemini rolled her eyes.

"Easy, just tell them your mother told you." She said.

"Well... mother, are you ready to meet your grandson?" Tiffany asked.

Gemini threw her hands up into the air in frustration.

"Don't call me that especially when you look away older than me." She said with a pout.

"It's not my fault you're immortal and I'm not." Tiffany said.

"Yes, it isn't. It's your useless father's fault." She said.

Tiffany scoffed.

"Dad was a good man." Tiffany said.

"He was useless. And it's okay to admit that." She said.

"Embry should be coming home soon." Tiffany said, quickly changing the subject before Gemini could rant about how Tiffany's father ruined her life and etc.

Gemini smiled at the thought of finally getting to see her grandson after all of these years.

"Is he tall like Seth?" She asked.

"Yes, the whole pack is tall like nearly 7 feet tall." Tiffany replied.

Gemini sniffed the air and quickly hushed Tiffany as she could sense a wolf coming near the house.

"Mom!" Embry said as he rushed into the house.

He walked into the living room to find Tiffany and Gemini sitting on the couch, staring at him.

Tiffany cleared her throat and stood up.

"Embry meet my cousin, Gemini." Tiffany said.

"From Makah tribe?" Embry asked.

"No, from New Mexico." Gemini answered.

"I didn't know we had family in New Mexico." He said.

Gemini smiled.

"I'm sure does a lot you don't know about your family." She said.

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure you rushed home because Seth told you about Gemini being here." Tiffany said.

"Yeah, I passed him along the way and he told me." He said.

"How old is Seth? He's cute." Gemini said, smirking.

"Way too young for you." Tiffany said.