xvi. through tiffany's eyes

Eyes are distracting.
You see too much.
You don't see enough.

xvi. through tiffany's eyes

Tiffany was at work at the souvenir shop on First Beach when it first happened. Old Quil had walked up to the counter to pay for his items.

Tiffany who had been looking at a magazine, looked at Old Quil when suddenly his presence changed. Old Quil now appeared as a late 13th century man with long black hair and dark brown eyes, he was dressed as a warrior.

Old Quil smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany gasped before scanning Old Quil's items. She told him the total and he paid.

"Have a nice day." Tiffany said as Old Quil's presence changed back to his normal self.

Old Quil smiled and left the shop.

And once again the same thing happened with the few customers that had come in the shop. By the end of her shift, Tiffany had an headache and couldn't deal with it anymore.

She called Gemini to come pick her up when Sue walked in. Tiffany groaned, not in the mood to deal with the subtle comments that Sue liked to say to her.

Sue walked up to the counter and placed her items in front of Tiffany.

"I see you've been keeping my brother all to yourself." Sue said.

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"You know where he lives, Sue." Tiffany said.

"After keeping his son away from him all these years, I don't know how he can be so in love with you." Sue said.

Tiffany glared at her.

"Shouldn't you be happy that Embry is not Harry's son? I mean that's why you hate me so much, right or you still upset that Harry called out my name while having sex with you." Tiffany said.

Sue gasped and reached over to slap Tiffany but Gemini blocked Sue's hand.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Gemini asked as she glared at Sue.

"Gemini, she disrespected me. Clearly, you didn't teach her any good manners." Sue answered.

"It's sad that I actually like Leah and I would hate to have be mother less if you make any other rude remarks towards my daughter and I." Gemini said.

Sue took a step back.

"You can't hurt me. I'm a council member." Sue said.

"And you think I give a fuck about the council?" Gemini asked.

Tiffany stared at Sue as her appearance changed to a cow. Tiffany couldn't help herself and started laughing.

Sue didn't say anything. She had heard from Emily that Gemini was a woman who was fiercely overprotective of her family and would do anything to protect them.

"If you bother my daughter again, I will bury you, bitch." Gemini said.

Sue nodded and grabbed her items and put two twenty dollars on the counter and left the shop.

"Nice timing." Tiffany said as she grabbed her purse.

"Does she always does this bother you like this?" Gemini asked.

"She didn't used to but since Lucas has been back in town ,she's been a bitch to me because he doesn't visit her." Tiffany answered.

Gemini rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't visit her either." Gemini said.

Tiffany laid her head on Gemini's shoulder as they walked out of the shop and towards Gemini's car.

"Why do you have a headache?" Gemini asked.

Tiffany pouted.

"Every person I saw today... their appearances changed." Tiffany answered.

Gemini sighed.

"Looks like you inherited your grandmother's ability." Gemini said.

"What ability?" Tiffany asked.

"The ability to see the past life of another." Gemini replied, as they got in the car.

Tiffany groaned.

"Ugh, out of all the things she could give me, she gave me the ability to see the past life of other people." Tiffany said.

"Your grandmother was a bitch." Gemini said.

Tiffany remained silent as Gemini started driving her home. She always knew that her mother and grandmother did not have a good relationship.

She heard from her father that her grandmother had dangerous parenting methods that she used on Gemini, which why once she gets angry, she gets out of control.

Tiffany only met her grandmother a handful of times, before she died a mysterious death. Gemini never explained how her mother died but she was relaxed not to have to deal with that woman anymore.

"Do you want me to make your favorite soup?" Gemini asked.

Tiffany smiled.

"Yes, please." Tiffany answered.

Tiffany was glad despite the way her mother was raised, she loved her with all her heart and always made she to make her happy and that's why Tiffany was protective of her mother.

While others may see Gemini as this dangerous being, Tiffany knew that her mother was just a woman with a big heart and she would make sure no one ever hurts her mom including Charlie.

"Charlie, told me about the talk you had with him, Tiffany." Gemini said.

"And what about it?" Tiffany asked.

"Di you really have to threaten him like that?" Gemini replied.

"Gotta keep them on their toes." Tiffany said.

Gemini laughed.

"Okay, sweetheart." Gemini said.