xxiv. a pregnancy pause

We just have to accept that life is perfectly imperfect. -Han Nolan, Pregnant Pause

xxiv. a pregnancy pause

"Gemini had a year to plan this wedding," Sue said as she tailored Gemini's wedding dress on the morning of Gemini's wedding day.

"I wasn't expecting to be pregnant, Sue," Gemini said as she placed a hand on her baby bump.

Gemini was currently six months pregnant and not so excited to be getting married while pregnant, but she and Charlie had picked their wedding date before they found out about the pregnancy.

Not even Alice saw this baby coming. So much had happened after Gemini's brothers arrived in town.

Tiffany and Lucas gave Embry the little brother he always wanted; Leah and Yeon were on better terms, and so were Rang and Balbina.

Tiffany walked in with her two-month-old son, Rian, in her arms, dressed in her maid of honor dress, ready for the wedding.

"You're still not ready?" Tiffany asked.

"The dress didn't fit, so Sue is fixing it," Gemini answered.

Tiffany looked at Sue.

"Oh Sue, Billy is downstairs waiting for you, so are you two serious?" Tiffany asked.

Gemini gasp.

"Did you two finally give in?" Gemini asked.

"We're just keeping each other company," Sue explained.

Gemini giggles.

"Company? You're living with him," Gemini said.

Sue huffed.

"Let's focus on your day, and I'm done with the dress," Sue said.

Gemini looks at herself in the mirror and smiles.

"Thank you, Sue," Gemini said.

Tiffany hands Rian to Sue.

"Let's get you married," Tiffany declared openly as she grabs Gemini's bouquet and hands it to Gemini.

Sue walks out of the room and downstairs to the living room where Alice had decorated it.

"It's time," Sue told everyone.

xxiv. a pregnancy pause

Yeon whispered in Gemini's ear, "You ready, Gem?" Yeon asked.

"Yes," Gemini answered.

Gemini and Yeon started walking down the stairs.

Edward played the piano as everyone stood up as Yeon and Gemini reached the bottom of the stairs.

They walked up the aisle and reached Charlie. Gemini composed herself and looked up to see Charlie hovering right next to her.

Yeon kissed Gemini's forehead and shook Charlie's hand before going and taking his seat next to Rang.

Gemini and Charlie turned toward the priest in unison.

The priest talked about the two becoming one, and Gemini had tuned the man out. Charlie nudged her a little bit when he noticed her spacing out.

Gemini looked at Charlie and smiled.

The wedding vows were next. They turned toward each other, and the rings were brought forward by Embry, who made a joke about losing them the night before, and Gemini laughed while Charlie looked like he wanted to strangle Embry as they took their rings from Embry.

Gemini said her vows first.

"I promise always to remember that you are indeed human. That you may sometimes make questionable decisions, But what I love about you is I know that you do these things because you care so deeply about those who are close to you and are genuinely one of the most thoughtful and considerate people I have ever known. Today, I promise to show that same care and consideration for you for the rest of my life. Right now, it's the easiest thing in the world to do because I honestly love you so much and want nothing but your happiness, but even when things are difficult. It gets hard to do, and our love gets more comfortable, complacent, and timeworn; I will always show that same care and consideration for you." Gemini said as she placed the wedding ring on Charlie's finger.

Then Charlie said his vows.

"Gemini, I knew from the very moment I laid eyes on you that you were mine forever. Someway, somehow, I was determined to make you mine. And from this day forward, my heart is entirely yours. As we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all of my words when needed and to share in the silence when they are not, to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin on you when needed most, to care for you and our families for as long as we live, to adventure with you always, to say I love you before falling asleep each night, to be the best father I can be as we grow a family together, and to always know in the deepest part of my soul, that when challenges arise, we will always find our way back to one another," Charlie said.

 As we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all of my words when needed and to share in the silence when they are not, to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin on you when needed mos...

Charlie placed the wedding ring on Gemini's finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," The priest said.

xxiv. a pregnancy pause

A|N Sorry for the long wait, but I had terrible writer's block, and I do not know if I want to continue this story, but I hope you guys check out my other twilight books, and thank you all for the support you have shown this book.