v. let's talk gemini

"Be less curious about people
and more curious about ideas."
Marie Curie

v. let's talk gemini

"She seemed able to turn off her scent." Edward said.

The pack and the Cullens sat in the Cullens' backyard, listening to Bella and Edward's interaction with Gemini.

Embry was already smitten with Gemini, didn't believe a word coming out of their mouths about how they thought Gemini wasn't human.

"Listen, I understand what you guys are saying but she's family and I'm not going to chase away my mom's only relative who has a relationship with her. If she isn't human, who cares. She's not here to harm anyone." Embry said.

Sam and Jacob shook their heads.

"We can't have around the reservation." Sam said.

"I don't want her around at all." Jacob said.

Embry wanted to strangle them.

"Pretty selfish." Leah muttered.

"She seemed nice to me. She just gives off I'll cut you vibes that's all." Seth said.

"Embry, we need you to ask your mom more about Gemini." Jacob said.

Embry shook his head no.

"Not happening." Embry said.

"Alpha order him, Jacob." Sam said.

Jacob sighed.

"If you do that I will leave the pack." Embry said.

"There's no need for that." Carlisle said.

"Embry and Seth says she's good then she's good until she does something that proves otherwise." Esme said.

"I don't trust her." Edward said.

Rosalie scoffed.

"You're just upset she made you wash the dishes after you called her mother, immature, Edward." Rosalie said.

Emmett laughed.

"She totally owned you." Emmett said.

"She's really pretty." Renesmee said.

"Not prettier than me, right?" Rosalie asked.

"She's definitely prettier." Embry answered.

Rosalie glared at Embry.

"Shut up, mutt!" Rosalie growled.

"Whatever, just stay away from my mom's cousin and we won't have any problems." Embry said, walking away.

"What's up with him?" Quil asked.

Jacob shrugged.

"I don't know but I'm not letting Gemini stay if she's dangerous." Jacob said.

Bella nodded.

"I don't want her around Charlie." Bella said.

"I can't read her mind." Edward said.

"Oh that's just great." Rosalie said.

"Should we call Eleazar, maybe he could figure out what she is." Emmett said.

"No, after everything with the Volturi... I don't want to involve them in any drama." Carlisle said.

Esme wrapped her arms around Carlisle.

"Let's just wait and see what she does." Esme said.

v. let's talk gemini

"So, they're having a meeting about me. How rude!" Gemini exclaimed.

"You didn't do anything out of the ordinary last night, did you?" Tiffany asked, concerned for her mother.

"Well, Edward called your grandmother immature and I may have ordered him to wash the dishes." Gemini answered, looking at her nails.

Tiffany groaned.

"So much for keeping a low profile, mom." Tiffany said.

"Oh hush, he didn't even realize what I did. He's not as smart as you made him out to be." Gemini said.

"So, why are you still staying with Charlie?" Tiffany asked.

"He's your new dad." Gemini answered.

Tiffany choked on her tea. Gemini patted her back and laughed.

"He's my soulmate. I know I'm shocked I found him too." Gemini said.

"Does that mean you're going to tell him?" Tiffany asked, wiping her mouth.

Gemini nodded.

"I have to before he finds out from the glittery freaks." Gemini said.

Tiffany looked at Gemini and smiled.

"Does that mean I can tell Embry?" Tiffany asked.

Gemini frowned. She always felt guilty that Tiffany had to keep her a secret from everyone including her son.

Gemini nodded. Gemini sniffed the air and smell Embry's scent at the door. He was clearly trying to ease drop on their conversation. Gemini shook her head.

"How about we tell him now?" Gemini replied.

"Why now?" Tiffany asked.

Gemini pointed to the door.

"Come in, Embry." Gemini answered as Embry rushed in, awkwardly waved.

"How did you know I was there?" Embry asked.

Tiffany gasped.

"Embry Call, were you ease dropping on our conversation?" Tiffany asked.

Embry nodded.

"What secret do you want to tell me? Is it about my dad?" Embry asked, curiously.

Tiffany groaned.

"Will you ever stop asking about your dad?" Tiffany asked.

"No." Embry answered.

Gemini stood up and walked over to Embry.

"Hi, Embry. I'm your grandmother, Gemini." Gemini said as she pulled him into a hug.

Embry froze.

"My what?!" Embry exclaimed.

Tiffany groaned.

"Mom, that's not how you're supposed to tell him." Tiffany said.

Gemini pulled away and pouted.

"I'm sorry, I've just wanted to say that for so long." Gemini said.

Embry looked between Gemini and Tiffany to make sure that she was telling the truth and that it wasn't a joke.

"She's my grandmother?" Embry asked.

"Yes, she's immortal so that's why she looks so young." Tiffany answered. "You know just like you don't age, Embry." She added.

Embry gasped.

"You knew." Embry said, shocked.

"Yes." Tiffany answered.