Chapter 19

AN: I am sorry this chapter took so long, I have been so incredibly busy, I should be able to post a lot more next week!

We took two cars. One was driven by Edward who went to get Bella. Of course. The second was driven by Alice, the others ran to the baseball field they like. I have no idea how today is going to go, because I am not playing and will just be standing around watching them play. They are vampires though, this could end up being super cool. Maybe..

"So..Do you guys play often?"I asked, attempting to break a long going awkward silence.

"Not often enough"

"Why...Don't you have like all day and night for....forever"

"We can only play when there is a thunderstorm" She said as she looked at me through the corner of her eye with a little smirk.

"Why is that?"

"You'll see"

We pulled into a little area on the side of the road. I was confused on where this so called 'baseball field' was that they had talked about.

"So you know how we can run really fast...well thats kind of the only was we can get to the field. So I have to carry you"

"Lovely" I sighed sarcastically 

"Well....Don't want to be late do we" She said sticking a hand out for me to grab. I sighed a room her hand and she immediately pulled my arm and grabbed me so that I was on her back and began running up the mountain.

I had never run with a vampire while I was fully conscious until now. It was crazy how the whole world blurred as we ran. It almost looked like the world was just incredibly foggy. I could only make out faint shapes and colors. It looked like a watercolor painting with the trees drawn in pencil. Incredible could not come anywhere near describing how beautiful it was. 

It came to an end too quick. Screw baseball, i just want to continue that forever. 

We came to a stop on the edge of an open area. Everybody accept for Edward and Bella were already there. I awkwardly hopped down off Alice's back. I brushed the leaves off my clothes and we walked over. We stopped next to Esme. 

"You and Bella can help me spectate and whatnot. Its not your average kind of baseball, so you two might not want to play, but these guys are all cheaters anyways, so we may need a couple extra sets of eyes" Esme says to me, loud enough that everyone can hear she called them cheaters.

That was when I turned to see a car popping out of the trees. Edward and Bella. "They drove?" I asked Esme. "the power of Jeeps" she responded with and I let out a small and likely fake laugh.

Many of us began to lock eyes with deceitful looks. Rosalie and Carlisle. Rosalie and Edward. Me and Edward. Rosalie and Bella. Alice and Edward. "Well, we better get started before we kill each other before the game even starts" Emmett joked. "Good idea" Esme agreed sounded concerned. I am not sure she know all of what was going, but I am not sure she would want to know.

The ones that would be playing stepped into the center of the field and found their spots. Esme, Bella, and I back away to stand on the sidelines. Bella said a few things to Esme, It made me mad that they had a good relationship. I know everything with Edward was not her fault at all because she didn't even know there was anything with me and Edward, but I was still jealous, I have always been jealous of everything she does and has.

"Don't be afraid to call them as you see them" Esme says to me and Bella.

They began to play. They were right in the sense of I would not be able to play this, but it looked so fun. 

Not long after the game began, Rosalie didn't make the homer she was going for, and guess who called it. Bella. When Bella called it, Rosalie looked up to me in annoyance. Although I was mad at Bella, for no particular reason, she was right this time..Rosalie didn't make it. I gave her an apologetic look and shrugged my shoulders, she huffed and walked away. I wasn't sure if she was upset with me too now or just Bella, but I get the feeling she had a very short temper. 

The game continued on. It was fascinating to watch Alice kick her leg up, about to throw the ball. And being able to watch Carlisle run while I am not being carried by him for the first time kept my focus. When Emmet and Edward collided in the air, my breathing paused, for just a moment, but I hated that it paused at all. After Jasper hit the ball, Emmet climbed the tree to get it, I knew Rosalie was no longer upset when in response to that she said "My monkey man". When she said that I made a little bit of a 'what the fuck did you just say' kind of face because what the fuck did she just say...

Rosalie then came back into the game, she hit the ball and went running. She didn't make it far though because Alice screeched "STOP"