Chapter 20

When she said stop, it went quite. Quieter than I think I must have ever heard. Only for a moment though. I saw Edward starring at her, reading her mind. I still felt foolish saying that, even in this nerve-wracking situation. I noticed when Edward had finished reading her mind because he turned his head. Even before doing so I could see the nervousness coming off his face. And if possible, it seemed he was even more stiff than usual. 

And then I saw it.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't know what it means, all I knew was there was fog poking out from the woods. "lets go" Edward said grabbing Bella, he only cared about get her out of here, not me. Of course I wanted Bella to be safe, but I suppose I wanted somebody to want me to be safe too. It was too late anyways. 'they' were already here, still not knowing who they was, but I had a pretty good feeling, I just didn't want to say it outlaid because what if I was wrong and everybody was like 'hahaha what no'. I could say it in my mind though. Edward was likely more focused on 'their' minds. Vampires. And not the good kind.

"Get your hair down" Edward says to Bella

"Like that will help, I can smell her from across the field" Rosalie scoffs 

Edward stood in the back of the group, the way stood..he was trying to keep Bella safe. It was so sweet. Nobody stood that way in front of me.

They emerged. 2 men and a female. The female with beautiful red hair. One of the males with stunning dark skin, he looked so gentle, even though there was a large chance I was about to die, he made me feel safe and at home, I liked that, if I had to go, I would want him there, I might go more peacefully. Who I would not want there is the other male, he was serious and scary and to be completely honest...really really musty. 

"I believe this belongs to you" The beautiful man says, holding up the baseball. He throws it to Carlisle. Carlisle looked so serious. "Thank you" Carlisle says with the faintest hint of a smile and nods his head.

The man quickly moves on to introducing his friends and him, "I am Laurent, and this is Victoria, and James" He spoke slowly. When he introduced James, James twisted his head slightly and smirked, at Edward. 

"Im Carlisle, this is my family" Everybody had a very serious face. Watching them so focused.

"Hello" Laurent simply responded, I got the feeling he wasn't a very wordy person.

"Im afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us" Carlisle stated calmly. 

"our apologies, we didn't realize the territory had been claimed"

"Yes, well we maintain a permanent residence nearby"

"Really?" Laurent sounded the slightest bit amused. He turned to James. I had been so focused on Laurent, that I hadn't realized how deeply James was looking into Edward and Edward him. I believe Laurent noticed, "Well we won't be a problem anymore, we were just passing through"

The redhead, Victoria, spoke for the first time, "The humans were tracking us, but we lead them east." She smiled as she said this, proud of herself, her smile left me in awh. "You should be safe" She sounded passive aggressive as she said this, almost as if she was trying to say 'we lead them away, so you can stop complaining'. 

"excellent" Carlisle said as he nodded with the most fake smile ever.

"So," Laurent smiled, "could you use three more players?" Everybody glanced at each other, "Oh come on, its just one game" Laurent followed up.

"Sure, why not," Carlisle fake chuckled, "a few of us were leaving you can take their place. We'll bat first" He threw the ball and Victoria grabbed it, "I'm the one with the wicked curveball" she said smirking largely. "Oh well I think we can handle that" Jasper said smiling back. "We shall see" I heard Victoria whisper.

Victoria and Laurent turned and walked back towards the place they would play, James stayed a stared at Edward. I know given the fact that he might kill us any second I should have been thinking anything but this, but all I could think was 'god he is annoying, everybody just wants to play baseball and you are over there being a stupid creep'. 

James began to turn away, but that is where everything went wrong, a gust of wind came blowing Bella's hair around. James sharply inhaled and turned back taking a step towards Bella "You brought a snack" He said brightly. And although I was filled with nothing but envy for Bella right now, I couldn't imagine what would happen if he got to her. Even though I was a fragile little human and he could kill me in less than a second, I could do nothing.

"Hey, did anyone ever tell you that you smell like a skunk's ass" I passive aggressively asked, now standing in between him and Bella.

AN: Sorry this Chapter took forever as usual, but I will be able to right more this week because I only have 4 classes instead of 6 today tomorrow and the day after hehe yay