Chapter 21

AN: Hey!! So I just wanted to say there is a bit of a death trigger warning for this chapter, its not a lot, but I don't know how it might affect each of you, so just to let you know, and its not a specific part, its just here and there throughout the chapter...Okay thats all :)

"Brilliant, you brought two snacks!" James unhumorously chuckles.

I stood there wordlessly, this was as far as my plan went, get in between him and Bella. Most of my bravery had faded away, but I still had a little fight left in me. "Kill me, I don't care. But do not hurt Bella or any of them."

"Hahahah," he cackled out, "whats your name"

"y-y/n" I stuttered as I felt a tear run down my cheek. 

"Well...y/n....Stop. Trying. To. Play. Hero. When. You. Just. Aren't. Good. Enough." He slowly said, pausing after each word left his lips.

Another tear escaped my eye, "Awh are you gonna cry" James said making a pouty face.

"No." I looked up and locking eyes with him as I said that firmly, "you are wrong I am good enough," He laughed, "-Good enough to tell you to shove it and get the hell away from us." Now that made him mad.

"Now," he paused to sharply exhale, "that wasn't very nice..now was it"

I swallowed. "I meant what I said" My breath quivered, but I didn't stutter. 

Victoria and Laurent were now at James's side. Alice was behind me protecting Bella. "The girls are with us," Carlisle spoke both calm and franticly at the same time, "I think it best if you leave"

Laurent broke first, "I can see the game is over, we go now" he back away a little, but James stayed in place, looking back and fourth between Edward, Bella, and I. "James" Laurent spoke, he sounded fearful. Victoria broke last, but it was clear she didn't want to leave James being the only one so she had just been waiting for him. They walked away.

"Get Bella out of here." Carlisle said firmly to Bella, Edward didn't move, "go" he said grabbing and turning Edward. Carlisle turned to Alice, "And you, take y/n and follow Edward in your car" Alice immediately grabbed me and said "lets go" as she led me along a few paces before flinging me steadily back onto her back. This time, I enjoyed the running just a little bit less.

The colors still blurred, the shapes still faint, and the rush...the rush even more present than before. This difference being, this time were weren't running towards something, we were running away from something. I didn't 100% understand why we were running way because they left, but that was the scariest part, that meant they must be coming back, but at the moment being...I had absolutely no idea where they were.

For some reason I couldn't cry...I felt that this would be a good time to cry, but no tears would form. I wondered why this was, was it because of how fast Alice was running? Was it because mentally I just could not spare another tear? Or was it because I was ready to die?....I always imagined based off of what I have seen and know, that when somebody is truly ready to die, they don't cry because they aren't sad, they won't have to be sad anymore. Like when old people die or somebody jumps of the roof or something, the only tears you would usually see are happy tears. I mean don't get me wrong I wasn't totally happy to die, but I wasn't as scared as Jessica for example. 

Alice came to a stop and quickly threw me off her back. I say 'threw' lightly though, she had a firm grab on me the whole time. I knew I could trust her to do what she can to hold onto me, but when it mattered most, she would protect Bella, and I want Bella to make it out of this, I take back all of my envy, all I can ever hope is that she lives a happy and long life...even if its with Edward.

Suddenly Alice stopped moving, staring off into space. I had never actually seen her do this before, but I knew what was happening just based off of things I had been told. She was having one of her visions. I stood there waiting for her to snap out of it. Suddenly she began walking again, looking strait ahead. It almost seemed like time had just stopped for a moment and resumed because she said nothing, so I had to, "Alice....w-what did you see?" I stuttered a little bit, not sure if I should even ask out of fear for what the answer might be. "What do you mean" She asked, hesitating, but only a little, so little that I almost didn't notice. "Alice you can tell me, I can take it" that was a lie, I had no idea what she saw, it could be really bad... "Okay....I saw...uhm...."she paused for what felt like forever, I knew it was bad or she could have just said it. Finally she spoke again, "you uhm...you should g-go get in t-the car" I had never heard her studded like that, but I wasn't even sure if I wanted to know what she saw yet, so I quietly obeyed.