04| when previous thoughts go in vain

KEVIN'S POV:

Maybe this is exactly what it feels like to get an electric shock because one second I feel a wave through my body but it is numb the other second.

Ly hugged me. More like circled her arms around my neck and held me but that does not matter. What mattered is that we have never hugged before. Strange, yes, but that is how it always has been. There were chokeholds, tingling sessions, holding hands but there was never a hug like this.

She had told me what she was going to do but it still caught me off guard. There were no words in my brain, nothing, nill nada.

"I am sorry for making you space out," I heard the familiar voice of Ly which was later followed by a hearty laugh. "Kev, the look on your face is telling me a lot of things,"

I tried to speak but nothing came out except air and some jumbled words.

"Take your time. I'll be there behind the wall till then," Ly walked away leaving me alone and I let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding.

The whole scene wouldn't stop playing in front of my eyes. Ly hugged me just like that? It's cool. Friends hug all the time. Nothing new. We haven't hugged each other ever due to unknown reasons that doesn't mean no one does it. It's okay. It's normal. Blakely. FREAKING. HUGGED. ME? And that just to prove a point?

"Sorry to interrupt but that's the truth," Ly was peeking behind the wall. "Yeah, you spoke your thoughts out loud,"

"You... you shouldn't listen to someone else's thoughts," That was so out of personality for me to stutter. I haven't stuttered ever, at least in front of Ly, never. But it was fine because I was flustered. She gave me a heads up, sure, but that was only five seconds before.

"Maybe someone else should keep their thoughts inside," Ly wasn't visible but I could hear her voice well. "By the way it was funny to hear Blakely out of your mouth,"

"I don't call you Ly every time,"

"Sure you don't Kevin," She stressed over my name and it does sound weird to hear your full name from the person who had been calling your nickname all the time. "Have you collected your thoughts?"

"I need more time," I said. Ly looked at me bewilderedly. "I was flustered,"

"Why?" She asked, peeking from behind the wall and I escaped her questioning gaze. "Someone was being so confident two days back. What happened to that overconfidence?"

"It's fine to fall in battleground," My voice was barely above a whisper and it would be a miracle if Ly had even heard me. "I'm going home,"

"You are skipping?"

"Yes, I am," I marched back across the road before Ly could ask more questions. The moments won't stop playing in front of my eyes and I could practically feel the heat radiate through my body.

♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷

Answering Mom and Dad's questions were more difficult than answering Ly's. At least she knew the context as to why I was skipping today. Dad had pointed out how pale my face looked as if I had seen a ghost and Mom had gone into a panic mode wondering if something like that really happened. I don't think they know that ghosts don't scare me. Out of all the excuses I could come up with I told them I was having a fever and seeing how extremely hot I was Mom and Dad totally bought the lie.

What concerned me the most about myself was that why was I actually so hot?

I prayed that making a burrito of myself and sleeping for sometime would help me forget about Ly's stunt. I hoped that when I wake up I'll have amnesia but none of it happened. Amnesia didn't happen like that. For that I have to hit my head real hard somewhere but I still had a feeling that I would forget everything but today's happening.

Seeing it from one perspective it was fine. Friends hug all the time so the unusual pair was me and Ly. Maybe there weren't such special events yet there were but we never did hugs. Were we even that close? If hugs never really mattered for why didn't I take the first step to initiate it? More important question was why was I this much flustered? I could feel my heartbeat when Ly hugged me. If she hadn't stepped back I thought it would jump out of my thoracic cavity like that one episode in Tom & Jerry.

I always had thought that hugs are meaningless but right now all of my thinking was gone to vain. It affected me. It affected me more than it should have been. I don't know, maybe it was due to the fact that it was Ly who hugged me.

My mind was a mess. All I had were jumbled thoughts. Maybe after I see Ly again I won't be awkward... All of it will be fine. All of it be the usual way. As I put a full stop to my extra active mind I heard a loud thunder resonate outside. Was it going to rain today?

♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷

BLAKELY

"Come again?" Maya's expressions were contoured into something along the lines of confusion and shock. "Wilder was flustered? Wilder?"

"Yes," Even after telling her whole thing twice she was unable to believe that Kev behaved that way. It was the same for me because never have I ever had seen Kev getting this much flustered.

"The person who makes everyone fluster getting flustered, my favourite," She clicked her tongue at the end making me laugh. "One day when I'll become a film director I'll pen down the story of you both and direct it," She added with a determined tone.

"Me and Kev are not ending up together ma'am so please," I narrowed my eyes at her. I knew what she would do in the end if she makes a film on us. She likes the happy ending trope. Breaking hearts is so harsh, she had once said.

Maya winked at me and a teasing smile danced on her lips. "You never know when the spark ignites,"

"Duh, I like Owen," I rolled my eyes sipping on my hot chocolate. It's the single best thing this coffee house serves and I love them for this. Actually I love them for a lot of things, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Brownies... The list goes on.

"Crushes end when love happens," I know Maya was sure busy trying to put me and Kev together in her mind. She needs to realize that both of her story characters does not have such feelings in reality. "I mean I called you and Kevin an idiot but his reaction is making me curious as to what happens next,"

"Maybe I should have put you up for this," I looked outside the cafe window to see grey clouds gathering on the sky. I remember dad telling me to keep an umbrella with me but me and my habit of not keeping an umbrella. Even if it was due to Kev, I had also skipped school and I was thankful for that. I would have lost my chance to be out in such beautiful weather if I hadn't skipped.

"I am sure it's because of you Blake... He is reacting like this because it's you," Maya couldn't be right but neither she could be wrong. Maybe both of us idiots had a racing heart because it was us.

Turning back to look outside I saw the drops of rain racing against eachother on the cafe's window. The speed of rain was increasing every passing second and I feel the slight chill against my body when the door opened and a lot of people entered inside to take shelter...

Maya had told me she will run to her aunt's home which was near the cafe. I waved her goodbye and stood at the door of the cafe.

People were coming inside while I'm going to run outside in the pelting rain because it was what I love and what I enjoyed but also for the sake of two idiots.