06| still in first stage of grief

BLAKELY:

Kev's male ego worked in my favour and he was back being himself again. I was happy. There were two reasons for that. The second was that Kevin was back at being Kev and the first one was Mr. Wilder did make me Chicken Enchiladas which were as always extremely delicious.

Kev's parents were shocked as to how was their son fine at once and when his mother asked for the 'fever' I couldn't help but snort. There was no fever to begin with.

The rain had now turned into a light drizzling as I and Kev stood outside his home. It was nearing the time when my dad returned so I had decided to wait for him. While standing outside I admired the sky above our heads. Black and grey clouds covered every corner of the sky and little drops of water hit our skin once in a while.

"I don't know what had happened to me," Kev spoke more to himself than to me. "Maybe you are right. We are one stupid and odd pair of friends,"

I laughed. "It's fine and normal until you become the old you," I tilted my head to a side and gave Kev a warm smile.

"Thankyou for snapping me out of the thoughts," I shook my head and turned my attention back towards the sky. "Although you should know that you haven't won the challenge yet,"

I sighed. "Kev it's fine to accept defeat once in a while but well,"

"What defeat?" I rolled my eyes and instead of replying I decided to stay quiet. "Your dad is here,"

I looked in the direction of my home and saw my father parking his car. I quickly skipped down in the pathway running towards my home.

"Bye Kev. Thank your mom for the hoodie," I had deliberately added the last bit since he hadn't noticed it at all that I was wearing his hoodie. Seems like someone was still out of it!

I heard the loud gasp and the threat to return his hoodie back but I happily skipped over to my house. I would give it back to him but where's the fun if I didn't tease him before returning it?

♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷

It had been two weeks since the 'hug' incident and we were fine. Me, Kev and Maya were hanging out together in school and without Maya after school like normal days. The only thing that wasn't normal was that Kev had made his job to remind me that I hadn't won the challenge and we were still on with it. At first I rolled my eyes but then I stopped and agreed with him every time. The guy was in serious denial!

Another thing that had made me go and stay on cloud nine was that a few times I and Owen crossed paths, he smiled and waved at me. It was something so big for me. At least, now he knows that I exist.

"Did you practice for that Maths test?" Maya questioned as we both walked through the hallway towards our next class. Like the majority, I had no interest in Maths whatsoever. I disliked that subject since I realized that there were more functions than addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Also the sub branches of Maths were something I want to kill.

"Yeah, the much I could do," The images of the questions started playing in my mind. Variables, Numbers, functions and a lot more things... "Can't they like only teach Algebra and wipe off all other branches?"

"You can do that in your own school,"

"If only you invest,"

"Forget it then," Maya said. "I haven't done any practice,"

Instead of looking at her expressions I looked at her ears. There is this thing with Maya that she can not lie. Even if she tries to lie with her mouth her body wouldn't cooperate and her ears would turn red everytime she lied. It was cute and funny at the same time. She had no chance but to speak truth.