new but old crushes suck balls

we stay like that for the rest of the day, until i fell asleep on him.
as i dozed off, he whispered something to me.

"i'll never let them hurt you again, you'll be safe here. you'll be safe with me."

i smile a little and let myself drift off to sleep, i'll never let him know that i heard that.

-------------------------------------------

time skip to three days later, you've been staying at jack's house and your sister has been staying at her dad's. you haven't left jack's room in these days and you haven't been eating much either, but you have become closer with tubbo, tommy, ranboo, wilbur and george in these days.

-------------------------------------------

i woke up and went onto my phone, jack had left to meet with tommy - i think.
i haven't really moved much from jack's bed the past couple of days, i was really just not in the mood.
i mean, my mum hit me and by what we've figured out, she broke my nose and one of my best friends is in a relationship with my shitty ex, who would be in a good mood after that?
jack has been really good to me, i kind of feel guilty about it because he's just been amazing towards me and i've been nothing but miserable in return.

i opened snapchat to see that someone had snapped me.

harry

i wasn't sure why he would've messaged me. i've had a crush on him for a while, on and off if that makes sense. you know when you like someone for a while and then you just don't anymore and then you do again?
i don't know, it sounds weird and confusing and to be fair, it is, but it's a crush, you know?

i open the message.

harry :)
hey y/n, how u been since we finished  school? x

kiss, huh?

i wasn't sure what was going on, but i mean, what was the harm in texting back an old crush, i don't like him now. i think.

y/n ;)
hey harry, i'm doing pretty ok, you?

harry :)
ye x
heard ur doin music at college x

y/n ;)
i am, yes.
i love music, so much, so that's what i want to do for the rest of my life lol

harry :)
that sounds really cool, i'm just doin some engineering shit x

y/n ;)
sounds fun

harry :)
hope so x
anyways, i've gotta go, skiing stuff x

y/n ;)
ok, bye harry

harry :)
bye x

i close my phone and stare at the ceiling.
i wasn't sure what was going on with harry, or why he was texting me, but i could tell that i started to feel that warm feeling again.

no, no, no, no, no! you cannot like him again! not again! it can't happen again, you can't get attached. get yourself together y/n!

i mentally shook myself back to reality.
i decided that i couldn't fall for him again, no matter how much i wanted to.
he was the reason i was no longer friends with tilly. i mean, it was all of our faults, but still. who asks out and goes out with a guy the same day that one of your best friends tell you that they like him?
that's what she did to me. and i never forgave her for it.

but of course, the more i tell myself that liking him again, that liking harry again was a bad idea, the more i seemed to feel as though i did like him again.

not good.

~~~
a.n.:
oooo, new guy in the way...
sorry for another short one, i just wasn't too sure what else to put in.
thanks for reading <3

xoxo