brighton

"yes mum. and i have a good reason for it too. so if you don't mind...i'll be on my way."

"you better be back before your birthday!" she calls as me and george leave.

we hop back into the car and set off on our four to five hour journey down to brighton.

the journey was pretty uneventful, jess wanted to sit right at the back of the car, on her own - so she could watch stuff and sleep i guess.
i sat in the middle of the car, in-between harry and george and wil sat in the front passenger seat while jack drove.
i managed to fall asleep around an hour into the drive, resting my head on george's shoulder, to which i almost instantly felt a tug and felt myself being shifted so that i was resting my head on harry instead.
by the time we got there, my head was in harry's lap and his head was against the door. wil woke us up as we pulled up to george's house - i guess he needed a few things.
we then waited for george and went to wil's straight after.
after going to both of their places, we made our way to tubbo's place.

maybe we should've told tubbo we were here.

i was the one to go his door and knock.
it was rather quickly answered by lani, his sister. (had to clarify, just in case lol)
i smiled softly at her, her returning the smile with a bright one of her own.

"y/n!" she says excitedly.

"lani! how are you?"

"i'm really good, thanks."

"where's your brother?" i ask nicely.

"he's in the living room, i can go and get him if you'd like." she suggests.

"would it be alright if we came in and surprised him?" i ask.

"yes, of course!" she starts, "wait- we?"

that was the queue for everyone to come from their 'hiding place' around the corner of the house.
lani smiled even more at the sight of them and beckoned us all inside.
we made our way to the living room, everyone staying in the hallway, whilst i entered.

"lani, who was at the door?" tubbo asks.

"oh, nobody." i reply, taking a seat on the sofa beside him.

"you're not- y/n!" tubbo screeches as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"i brought friends." i laugh.

george, wil and jack come into the room.

"what're you all doing here?" he asks us.

"we were visiting y/n and jack, then y/n decided she wanted to go to the beach, and then george decided that we should come here to visit you." wilbur explains.

"i hope you don't mind, i also brought along two of my friends from school." i say to tubbo.

"of course not, where are they?" he asks.

around five seconds after he said this, jess and harry came through the living room door, as if they were waiting outside for someone to give them permission to enter.

"this is jess and harry, guys this is toby."

"hi," they all say.

after our quick introductions, we all made our way to the beach, bringing lani along with us, as i thought it wouldn't be fair if we didn't.
we went to the arcade first.
me, jess, harry and lani went to play some games, while jack, wil, george and tubbo decided to do a little stream.
we play the pac-man air hockey game and some others, getting loads of game tickets for each of us in the process.
after we watch harry play the basketball game, i leave lani with jess and harry for a bit while i go to find the boys.
it only took me a few minutes to find them, as jack's loud accent made it rather easy to track them down.

"and here we have a wild y/n." george says while panning the camera towards my face.

"and here we have a dumbass gogy." i say back with a laugh.

"ayyy, short one do be speaking the truth though." jack says loudly.

"i came to see if you guys wanted to go to the actual beach yet." i say with a little laugh.

i wasn't sure if jess or harry wanted to be on camera yet, so that was why i came to find them on my own.

"yeah, sure!" tubbo exclaims.

"i'll go get the others, then meet you by the exit." i say, then i lower my voice and whisper to jack and wil, "gotta make sure jess and harry are ok with being on camera quick."

jack and wil nod and i head off, back to where i left the other three.
i find jess and lani goofing around and playing 'dance dance revolution' with harry leaning against another game, watching them both.

"you're back." harry states as i approach.

"we're heading off to the beach, the boys went live, so are you alright being on camera?" i ask.

"yeah! of course! it'll be fun as hell." he says.

i smile at him and watch lani and jess finish off their game, which only took them a minute or two.

"we're gonna head off to the beach, so jess, are you alright with being on camera?"

"um- uh- ok, isn't it weird being on camera though?" she asks, to which lani replied...

"it takes a little getting used to i guess, but it really isn't anything to worry about and you barely even notice that you are on camera after a while."

"thanks lani." jess smiles.

we all head over to the exit and meet the boys. i introduce harry and jess to chat when we get there, getting the stream up onto my phone, so that i could look at chat.
it didn't take us long to find a spot on the beach. we had sent wilbur and george to go and find us some beach toys to play with - cause we are children.
they came back to find us after about 20 minutes with a beach ball, a frisbee and some tennis balls for us to play with.

"we're baaacccckkkkk!" wil shouts as they walk over.

me, jack, jess and harry played with the frisbee for a while, while tubbo and lani play catch and wil and george sat watching and keeping the camera pointed at us.
after a few minutes, george and wil rested the camera against a bag and stood up, unbeknownst to us...with water guns in their hands.
they ran at us with the water guns, soaking us all. george then threw me a water gun and i started going after everyone.

in the midst of the water fight, i was tripped over by a rock on the ground and fell into harry.
i fell on top of harry, my face going red and having a slight flashback to two years ago when we were in a very similar situation.

~~~
a.n.:
yay! we met tubbo!! and lani!! pog day out in brightonnnnnn :)
also, love triangle? pog? maybe, maybe not.
oh, and MrboymrWill, thank you for commenting on my previous chapters and filling up my notifications page :)
thanks for reading <3

xoxo