time to ask around

"if you really want to know, go and ask her yourself, i'm sure george will quite happily give you her number." she says.

"oh- " i begin, "ok then..."

i turn around and walk up into my bedroom, slightly disappointed in the fact that she wouldn't tell me herself.

i then go to my computer and open up discord to call george again.

"hey george!"

"y/n, hi! you feeling better? what's up?"

"yeah, i'm feeling better. i just wanted to know if i'd be able to grab your mum's phone number. i wanted to know how she and my mum met, but my mum won't tell me..."

"yeah, of course! one second." george says enthusiastically.

a ping from discord comes through, a message from george containing his mother's phone number.

"thanks gogs, i really do appreciate it." i smile.

"you know," george chuckles."that's the first time you've called me that in a long time. you used to call me gogs, gogsy or gogy all the time when you were younger. that's where the nickname actually came from."

"really? i was the one to name the almighty gogy?" i laugh.

"you were!" he laughs.

"this, this i can hold over everyone's head forever! i am the best person to exist ever!" i say loudly into my mic.

"that you are," he chuckles.

i soon hang up and text the number george had given me.

unknown number
hi! i'm y/n, i believe you and my mum, y/m/n, were friends when i was younger.
i was wondering if you could tell me how you both met because she won't tell me and i'm just being a little nosey to be completely honest.

after sending the text, i got ready for bed and awaited a reply for in the morning.

i woke up at around midday, instantly checking my phone to see if there was yet a reply.

there wasn't.

so i got out of bed, doing my normal morning routine and making myself some breakfast before heading to jack's house to see him and wilbur, as wil had stayed over at his the night previous.

i knock on jack's door to notify him that i was there, then walked in without bothering to wait for someone to open the door for me.

"hi y/n!" jack calls, knowing it was me from the way i had entered the house.

"hi jack! hi wil!" i shout back.

i walk into jack's kitchen and was met by his brother sat at the counter, munching on his breakfast.

"hi josh," i say as i enter.

"y/n! hi! haven't seen you here in a while." he quickly replies.

"i know, i know, hopefully i'll be round a bit more often though, i like your place much more than my own" i joke.

"ahhh, i see you're chatting with little manifold then?" wil says, walking into the kitchen.

"yeahhhh, he's much more interesting than his brother." i chuckle, making sure to say the second part louder than the rest, to try and annoy jack.

"you take that back!" i hear jack call, before seeing him rush into the kitchen.

"and why should i do that, huh?" i say, trying to provoke something from him.

he walks over towards me, standing with his face about seven inches away from my own.

"take. it. back." he says, standing above me in an attempted menacing stance.

"no."

he moves slightly closer.

"take. it. back."

he moves closer.

"no."

closer.

"do it." he repeats.

"no."

he moves closer.

"say it."

"i don't wanna." i say with a pout.

he moves closer, this time i feel my cheeks flush, as he grabs my wrists.

"take. it. back."

"never."

he steps closer, i then hear a cough come from the right of me. i look towards it's origin of the sound to see that wilbur was watching us and josh had left the room.

"i- i- umm..." i stutter, shying my head away and stepping backward from jack.

"s- sorry." jack apologises, rubbing the back of his neck.

"it's fine," i giggle.

-------------------------------------------
another time skip, because once again... i am ✨lazyyyyyyyy✨
you spent all day with jack and wil again, wil leaving at around 5pm, to go back to his house.
-------------------------------------------

i turn my phone off and focus my attention toward the tv on the wall.
i had decided to stay at jack's, as i couldn't be bothered to walk back home and it would help me keep my mind of the fact that i still hadn't had a reply from george's mum.

by now, me and jack were laying on his bed and watching 'to all the boys i've loved before' because i wanted to and he had forced me to watch 'inception' just before.
i was dozing off, when i hear my phone ping.

mother gogs
hi y/n, really nice to hear from you dear.
i'd quite happily explain it all to you whenever you'd like, just give me a quick call and we'll have a conversation about it.

~~~
a.n.:
something kinda cool gonna be revealed next chapter.
thanks for reading <3

xoxo