Chapter Thirty Eight

Silently Falling (ORIGINAL): Chapter Thirty Eight

"Is it weird I actually kind of missed school?" Gray asks as we walk through the commons doors and into the familiar, boring walls of high school.

I nod, "Entirely too weird."

He shrugs, "Eh." He brushes it off and we walk towards his locker.

"As for me, I want to be back at home curled under my covers. Waking up was way too hard this morning." I groan as Toby and I follow after him.

Gray sends me a smirk over his shoulder. "No, you just want to be back with West without the distraction of school."

I roll my eyes and flick him off, causing him to bark with laughter.

"It's not like you can deny it!" He teases, winking at me.

We reach is locker and he's quick to put in the combination, ignoring the fact I gave him almighty finger.

"So Toby, how are things with Alyse?" Gray asks as he takes his books from his locker. "I don't see her attached at your hip today." He teases.

"Yeah, we're great. She's sick today." Toby answers distractedly, checking his phone.

Alyse is at home sick, she picked up a cold in the few days we had off, and Toby couldn't be any more worried. He was going to stay home and take care of her, but she insisted that he needed to be there for calculus, and now he can't stop checking his phone to see if she's texted or called.

West, on the other hand, was forced to go home last night. His mom wanted him home to watch Casper, and I didn't dare go against the word of Momma Love.

"Gray, you've only missed school because you missed that girl you've been galavanting around with." West says as he walks up.

A smile worms its way onto my lips when I see him and he wraps his arm around my waist, smiling back. He murmurs a quiet good morning as he tenderly kisses my temple.

Gray's face goes red as a tomato. "What girl?" He asks lamely, his voice cracking.

My brows raise in shock. I figured West was joking around, but the way Gray reacted makes this become all too real. He's always been a shitty liar.

"Gray." I say sternly, my eyes narrowing at him. "Is there something, or rather someone, you've been keeping from me?" I ask, crossing my arms.

He blushes a deep shade of red and scratches the back of his neck. "No, no I don't think so." He rambles.

I narrow my eyes. "Grayson Agner Bono. You had better tell me right now if you've been seeing someone." I demand.

He flinches at the use of his full name and hangs his head. "Well there is this one girl..."

I practically hit the ceiling I jump so high, and I swear I destroy West's eardrums I squeal so loudly.

"Gray!" I exclaim, running to him and engulfing him in a hug. "Tell me all about her! What's her name? How old is she? How come I've never seen you two together?" I ask frantically, so giddy I have to clap my hands together.

He sighs and smiles slightly. "It's Katherine Cannon." He says, his blush deepening.

"Wait, Scott has a sister?" I ask, referring to the boy who supposedly drinks until he blacks out at parties.

Gray nods, "She's kind of a nobody, and it was meant to be a simple one night stand, but...I felt something more than what I've felt with the other girls." He mumbles, his shoe messing with the tiled floor.