45

Jungwon's POV

I smiled after hearing what he said but, I quickly let go of my hand from his grip and stood up to lean closer to him.

I clearly saw how surprised he is right now with how close I am to his face and so, I smirked and moved my face next to his ear.

"Even though I am more than that, your old friends like Haeyun will always have a special place in your heart, my Jongseong" I whispered and quickly moved back, away from his face.

"What if I don't?" He said and raised his brow.

I chuckled. "So, what are you trying to prove now?" I asked.

"I'm not proving anything. I'm just saying that you're all that matters to me and will always be even though, Haeyun came" He said as I immediately felt my heart having irregular beats again.

Silence came between the two of us since, I don't know how to respond with what he said.

"I'll go now" He said to break the silence.

I just nodded.

"Don't remove your bracelet again, okay? It's quite bothering me" He said and smiled a little.

"Bothering you? Why?" I asked.

"The thought that you already don't like to wear it bothers me" He mumbled.

"No, that's not it!" I denied.

"I know, love. I know that's not what you meant" He said and left after smiling.

Jay's POV

"Maybe, you should distant yourself from Haeyun a little bit if you think it's bothering and the reason why Jungwon is avoiding you" Jake said after telling them what happened in the office.

"Yes but, isn't that rude for Haeyun?" Sunghoon asked. "I'm not telling you to ignore Jungwon's behaviour now that Haeyun appeared in front of us but, I think, it's just normal for her to be extra close to you or she wants your attention now that you saw each other again after all these years?" Sunghoon explained and I get his point.

"Hmm, I get your point. Mom also told me to give Haeyun attention now that she's here" I said.

"Yeah, do it for now. Maybe she just missed you, her childhood friend" Sunghoon said. "I don't think she do have any intention to break your relationship with Jungwon" He added.

"The two of them were not even together. What relationship are you talking about, Hoon?" Jake said and chuckled.

"I mean, their friendship" Sunghoon said.

"You know what? Let's clarify what's the real score between you and Jungwon" Jake said.

"For real! If you like him then, go and freaking confess! We're so tired with this pretending thingy that doesn't even look like pretending now!" Sunghoon added.

"If you don't like him then, stop the pretending now! It's not even necessary anymore. What if Jungwon likes you? All along, you're just messing around him" Jake said.