Honeymoon

Hunter and I stared at the bed in front of us, not daring to be the first to claim it.

We left the reception early and had a long and awkward drive to the resort we were staying at. I found having a honeymoon a waste of time because we weren't really in love so there was no point but dad and Mr. Lodge said it was 'necessary'.

"I can sleep on the couch," Hunter said while he took off his jacket.

"Hunter wait," I couldn't make him sleep on the couch while I slept on a bed. "it's a big bed I don't see why we can't share it."

He thought about it for a second but shook his head. "It's fine."

"Hunter, it's not going to be forever. It's just for the short time we're here."

He put his thumb and index fingers on his chin. "Alright."

I smiled then realized I still had my wedding dress on. I picked up my pajamas and ran to the bathroom. I tried to zip it down but the zip got stuck. Jannette was the one to help me zip it up. I took a deep breath and walked out to Hunter.

He was already in bed and on his laptop.

"Can you help me unzip this please?"

He looked up at me and tensed up. "Can't you do that yourself?"

"If I could've, do you think I would be asking you?" I sassed back.

He rolled his eyes then got up. "Turn around," he said roughly.

He yanked the zip until it wasn't stuck anymore then unzipped it. I turned around to face him and he was already looking down on me. He took a step back to distance himself from me.

I looked away from his intense stare and thought about our kiss from before. I know it wasn't supposed to mean anything and he did it for a show but it felt good. If it were up to me we would do it again.

"Well, I should get changed," I said then walked back into the bathroom. I put on my pajamas and walked to my side of the bed.

He was back on his computer.

"That's the pajamas you chose to bring?" he asked.

I looked down on my pajamas and saw they were a little revealing. I was now feeling conscious about them. They were never a problem to me since they were comfortable and I lived alone.

"My dad told me he booked us two separate rooms."

"And you really believed him?"

Hunter was right, I should've never believed my dad would've just willingly booked us two separate rooms. I quickly went under the sheets and covered up.

"You can't go to sleep as yet," he said.

"Why not?"

"We're a day behind on workload."

"Hunter, we have a pretty valid excuse for missing one day."

"Sophia, the whole point of us getting married is to increase our profits, not use it as an excuse to skip work."

"Hunter, we freaking got married today."

"Well, that's still not an excuse for me."

"Well, it is for me."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I turned my back to him and stared out the window. We were on the 10th floor so the view of the city was pretty nice. It's the first night of our marriage and we had already had a fight. It's clear that Hunter and I are not going to see things eye to eye.

He's a workaholic and I know when and when not to work. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

...

I woke up and checked the time. It was 9 o'clock and Hunter was fast asleep on his stomach shirtless. When he is asleep, he actually looks like a peaceful person.

I got up, did some stretches, brushed my teeth then took a long, hot shower. When I finished, I took out my laptop and started working. If I were by myself, I would've waited until I went back to the office but I wanted Hunter to see how productive I could be when I wanted.

He turned his head and groaned. "Close the blinds." His voice was husky and his eyes were still shut. His hair looked a mess. This was the first time I'd ever seen him in this state.

"Hunter, it's almost 10. You have to wake up so we can go and get breakfast."

He turned away from me and put the pillow over his head, completely ignoring me.  

I rolled my eyes then sighed. "Fine, I guess I'll get breakfast by myself then." 

I left the room and went down in the elevator. Breakfast was served buffet style so I just took eggs and bacon.

There was a beautiful view of the other buildings on the terrace. Most of the guests were eating breakfast inside with their families so I felt a little out of place eating by myself.

I heard someone sit down next to me and when I looked, it was Hunter. He smelt nice and had on a suit but his hair was still rumpled. Even on his honeymoon this man still chose to wear a suit. All he had was a coffee in his hand.

"Where's your breakfast?"

He pulled out his laptop. "Coffee is my breakfast. I see you've completed yesterday's workload."

"Coffee can't just be your breakfast, Hunter."

He turned to me. "Just because we're married now doesn't give you the right to start acting as you care."

"But I do care."

"Well don't!" he snapped then looked back at his laptop.

"Okay fine."

I hated this. I hated him acting like this to me. I hated us arguing every minute. Anyone would've been concerned. If he wants to die from starvation well that's fine with me.

I saw a familiar face walking towards us.

"No way!" she shouted. It was Gina. I met her in college and Hunter met her through me. She hugged us.

"It's good to see you, Gina!"

"Same here. When I heard you two were getting married, I was shocked. Love works in mysterious ways." she said.

I turned to Hunter who was drinking down his coffee like it was a shot.

"Yes, it does. Right, Hunter?"

He nearly choked on his coffee and that somehow amused me. He nodded his head and Gina brought us up to speed on what was going on in her life. We all worked on a project together a couple of years back. She told us that she was married and had a family now.

After Gina left, we went back up to our room and worked out a strategy on how we were going to operate the business as partners now.