Chapter 5

"Welcome, Mr

"Welcome, Mr. Valentino."

I clasp his hand in a firm hold shaking it before I take a seat at his office in front of his brown desk. It's not littered or messy at all. He is composed and cleaned which I really think of as an admirable trait, if only he wasn't so easily convinced of what I asked him, I would have thought he was good.

But who is good in this world anyway?

"Thank you for coming this late, I apologise for the timing but I think it's better to do this here, now than later." I nod while resting my elbow on the arm of the chair.

"Why wouldn't I when such a great opportunity falls in my lap?" I smirk when I watch him squirm ever so slightly.

"Did you know that the Washington's Capo died?" He frowns, confused at my topic change so suddenly.

"I heard he was accused of many fraud attempts from his suppliers and buyers despite having the best stuff. He got my word for protection, came to me. I wonder why he died so easily then," I put on a thinking face, mocking the fact that I let him die.

It's not that girl that killed him, I let him be killed. I was there to kill him in the first place but if someone else was already there to do the job and I witness it, it makes my life so much easier. Framed work is my best work.

"Right. So where is she? We need to sign the contract now for me to set forward the rest of the plans,"

"Arius. We could still change it. There is so much more we can do than form an alliance like this. We could leave Fiona out of this-"

"No." I press my decision firmly.

"But we could-"

"If you don't want anything leaking, anything to harm this beautiful little world of your daughter, I suggest you shut the fuck up and call her." My voice turns harsher, he sees the blood boiling inside me because he takes in a shaky breath and nods.

I look around noticing no windows in here, nothing too much in the room but I do see a piece of black cloth on the bottom-right edge of the desk. Leaning forward, I pick it up and turn it over to see white detailing on it and when I see a spot of blood on it, my heart leaps.

It can't be.

It looks too familiar, it looks way too much like the one that was seen by my very own eyes on the face of a woman.

My head snaps towards Matteo to see him just finishing his call that he was on when he sits, his eyes land on the piece of fabric in my hand. They narrow but I quickly scrunch it up not wanting him to think of anything.

He chuckles but nothing is funny to me.

Am I being fooled here? Is her father on this too? Are they both using this contract as a way to backstab me?