Chapter 27

I never thought that within mere few days, my life could begin to look like something I had only imagined

Bright, hopeful, and something that only existed in my dreams.

When a person begins to lose hope in their happiness, it's not to look into their own selves but to find it in other places. Create the happiness that you seek instead of fighting for the last few moments that is remaining of the already ending moment. 

You go, and find it. 

And when it extends its hand, you grab it.

I decided that since I have been keeping my own identity a secret from Arius, his reason for using marriage that is only filed on papers nothing in comparison to the murderous list I went through to get my revenge. 

Not only that but I knew he was going to do this marriage for something like that which is why I accepted it without any fight. I knew. 

As the days go on, I keep falling deeper into the new and different world that surrounds Arius. I keep losing myself within this weird feeling that is blossoming in my chest and is getting bigger each day passes by.

I don't know what I could name it. I surely can associate with happiness.

"When I first saw you, I labelled you as the ruthless killer that everyone says, yet now that I really got to know you, I realise it's a front of everyone else. Before you say that you are ruthless, I know, you are, but if you excuse that, I can see you have heart in there Arius." 

Arius looks at me confused at this random topic I have brought up as we sit in one of the restaurants with the scorching hot heat from the sun above us. 

"I know I have a heart Fiona. Knew that since the beginning since I kind of need it to actually live," he sarcastically responds making me take a few pieces of fries from his plate. 

"I didn't mean it like that," I tell him, he only grins in return.

Arius looks delectably hot. He's wearing a black t-shirt that hugs his whole torso and arms, it brings out his muscles, the dark washed blue jeans he is wearing completing that clean look on him. He has black sunglasses on him that he now took off, a silver watch on his hand that I know is an expensive piece, the teasing glint in his black eyes. 

Arius looks like every bit of a businessman he is. The dark businessman. The huntsman of the underworld sitting with a secret assassin that he doesn't know of. 

"You want to know about my opinion of when I first saw you?" I nod eagerly because I want to know. 

"I saw silver eyes, watching destruction that came from her hands. I saw satisfaction in them, no regret, no anger, just utter relief filled with satisfaction. What for? I don't know. What I do know is that, the fearless woman I saw? I wanted her. So, I stayed so that she saw me, comes to me and makes herself know. Because I wanted her." I open mouth for anything, any response but none forms.