Chapter 8

"Someone is at the door," I voice out but he still doesn't acknowledge me

I look between him setting out the guns in rows on a table and to where the door is. When I turn back around, I catch him mid-turning away from me before going back to taking guns off the wall where they are mounted. It's like one piece of gun is displayed to show the numerous different ones they have and will have more in the cabinets under the table just below the display wall.

"I think Hazera is here," I tell him. His tight shirt stretches each time he moves across and inspects a gun before leaning down and taking out ones he likes. He doesn't talk to me though and I'm kind of curious myself on why he is taking them out.

Where is he going? Is it that place I just got him to agree to take me to?

He isn't responding to anything I have been saying for the past fifteen minutes. He is just preparing gear and not saying not one word. Not one and I can't find anyone else in the house either to talk to, so I came back after giving myself a tour and found noises coming from the left side of the house and followed it.

I'm not even going to question myself on why I am being nice to him or being so sensible after he just tried to put a claim on me. I knew that would happen one way or another. I knew it. So, I shrugged it off because even I gave out some of my points but when he told me doesn't care, after I was done talking makes me believe he heard everything I said.

I am watching the things he does in this house to keep a reminder to myself since this is going to be my home sweet home from now on.

One thing that does bother me is how Arius knows about the assassination attempt. It puts me on edge, I was looking over my shoulder a lot, slightly shaking while driving back to the house but drank two glasses of water and calmed myself down before I talked to Benito. That man is scary with his weird silence and tired looking eyes.

For few minutes, just for few minutes I thought I really thought that was it, when I couldn't breathe through cloth but when it got lifted and I was able to breathe again, the hope came back.

Deep down, I really don't know how I am going to be able to finish with the second and last Capo I have my eyes on. How can I do that? I did Washington's Capo because I was far, I didn't touch him, pulled a trigger or even let my mind think of anything.

I fled from the scene and didn't think about it.

Riko was there with me and he kept me calm, everything was distracting me and it worked out fine but I can't bring out another fire.

Everything around me is making me question it all but how can my heart handle this?

Does it get easy or harder?

Is killing in hopes of removing their traces on me going to be forgivable?

Is anything done in this world forgivable?