Chapter 5

When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade.

It was not like Anisha and Abhimanyu  were unfamiliar with it. But things are easier said than done.

While Anisha was an aspiring lawyer whose dreams were cruelly disregarded to an extent that she herself had forgotten the flicker of joy when she achieved something, much less won an argument. Now here she was completely different from what she ever thought she could be, a homely lady who is the best daughter-in-law one could ask for.

Whereas there was Abhimanyu who is a young billionaire, not scared of new challenges but was somehow tied down into this marriage. He had no hopes of this relationship and his wife was well informed.

They had what you can call an amicable relationship and Abhimanyu couldn't be more happier.

There was a knock on the door pulling Abhimanyu out of his thoughts and gaze at the door silently asking for the one on other side to open it. As if she read his mind and opened the door.

Anisha stood there looking like the perfect lady of the house and asked Abhimanyu what he needed help at.

To which he replied with an eye roll and indicated the entire table full of papers. Anisha didn't even bat an eye and had a look at the papers.

" Looks like you are arranging them." she murmured.

" Did I tell you I was arranging them? I would not call you home on an urgent basis for such a trivial task!" He retorted.

" What do I have to do?" she asked.

" You sit here" he indicated the chair beside his " and start with the presentation. I'll tell you the details as you start. I expect a presentation worthy enough to be given by the CEO. So know that no tardiness will be tolerated." He spoke slowly, as if making a child understand.

And here Anisha sighed a heavy breath suddenly burdened with this task and started with what he indicated at that is opening the PowerPoint application.

" Now, here are the documents required for this presentation and here is the outline of what I expect of this presentation. I would ask you to begin while I cater to a few other important tasks. "

And just like that Abhimanyu left the room leaving a confused and burdened Anisha to pave her way through the rocks.

She looked through the outline and gazed at the documents wondering how will she manage dinner along with it when Abhimanyu poked his head inside and said,

" And yeah, don't worry about dinner Bhabhi will take care of it."

At least one task was off the list and she started reading the documents lying haywire on the table.

Abhimanyu skipped his way downstairs when he was met with his furious mother,
" Where is Anisha?"

" Upstairs."

" Why hasn't she cooked? She couldn't even dare to inform me of her "unavailability" to cook!"

" Mom! She was worried about dinner more than the presentation I gave her to make but I assured her that I'll talk to you and dinner will be covered."

When he said that his mother, Daljeet could only shake her head in disappointment.

" Why would you give her a presentation just before dinner time? You do know bhabhi is pregnant and I have my joint pain...now how will we manage."

" Mom, if she joins office this situation will arise once or twice a month. Why are you suddenly being a hypocrite?"

" It is just that I don't know how to function without her in the kitchen now. Moreover, I expected her to choose studying so that she could be home by five or six and also she could finally start the journey that was stopped abruptly."

Abhimanyu's eyes darkened. Why had she not chosen studying was something beyond him. He had just heard her complain on the call which she assumed was her mother.

So he decided to check her abilities. If she surpasses them then he would not let her join another office. He could train her as well as slowly ask her to begin preparations for the entrance again. But it seems the woman in question had to be first trained in speaking out her dilemmas.

She has to trust him enough to share all her thoughts, unfiltered. That is what he aims at, afterall that is what he has seen his father doing and they have a successful marriage at that.

" Mom, chalo aaj hum khaana banate hai! College jaise, bhai aur dad pe atyachar "
(Lets cook dinner today. Like college days, trouble for brother and father.)

His mother beamed a secret smile of hers Finally her son was doing something for his wife and she couldn't be happier.