Chapter 39

"An event where every single second counts is an exam. An entrance exam, nonetheless.

There are thousands and lakhs of people appearing for a mere number of seats. They compete and while many recieve the fruit of their hardwork, a major fraction suffers.

If anybody asked me to think about my counselling and entrance period, I would say please leave me alone. It is devastating.

Those who still don't get the picture of students appearing in any competitive entrance should watch a movie called Chhichhore.

But it is what it is and an exam is an unavoidable reality of life. So buckle up and give your best because a single day, this day, decides your future!"

A roar of applause was heard in the auditorium. Anisha too had clapped and stealthily wiped the sweat that trickled down.

She knew she was to give CLAT, entrance exam for law but the ground reality of these exams had somewhat fazed her confidence.

That day when she conveyed it all to her father he nodded his head and said, "Wherever you go, you would find someone more better and deserving but what is important is to make yourself a comparable option. You just work hard and things would fall into place."

Anisha smiled recalling this incidence which had occured in the middle of her twelfth class.

Today was the day she will be giving her entrance.

Abhimanyu woke her up on time, made sure she was fed well, Daljeet gave her a spoonful of curd and sugar, the family wished her luck and her husband dropped her off at the centre.

He just said a line before she got off the car, " You can do it."

She nodded and proceeded to give her exam.

Abhimanyu had gone to the nearby branch of his office to spend the next three hours.
While taking a round he recieved a call from Mr. Anil Sharma.

" Hello?"

" Did she go?"

Abhimanyu sighed, " Yes, ofcourse."

" I hope the paper goes well and she comes out smiling."

" Why did you not call to wish?" Abhimanyu asked. Though he had not seen any unusual activity on Anisha's part but still he should have wished.

" I sent her a text."

Abhimanyu nodded.

" Well I got to go but please inform me of how the paper was."

" Wait dad! " He interrupted.

" What's wrong son?" Anil asked tiredly.

" I should be the one asking that, dad. Are you fine?"

" We are good. Just shaken up on how Esha rebelled." He replied.

" How is she doing? I mean nothing happened, right?" Abhimanyu asked worried.

" No we figured things in time. Thank God for that phone call in your office! I just hope Anisha understands once I tell her my reason for delay." Anil replied.

Abhimanyu sighed, " Can't say anything as of now. Let's just hope for the best."

Anil affirmed and the call was cut.

He got back to his round and sent a bunch of tasks to the manager. This place needed a bit of supervision.

As his alarm went off he abandoned the work and drove to pick her up.

Once there he found Anisha standing on the roadside waiting for him.

He leaped out of the car and asked her, " How was it?"

She smiled and said, " Much much better than what I expected. I hope I get a good rank."

Abhimanyu smiled and hugged her tight in the middle of the road. His eyes softened and he kissed her head with all the love he could feel at the moment.

" Abhimanyu, I hope our dream comes true."

" It will, fingers crossed."

She crossed the fingers too.

Abhimanyu smiled and got her to seat inside the car. He drove them home.

The horn of his car brought the attention of the entire household on the main door. It must be Abhimanyu and Anisha.

As it was a Sunday all the members were having a lazy day but only when it comes to their tasks otherwise it was a stressful day for them all. Even little Nihal picked up the tension in the atmosphere and was giving a hard time to his parents.

So as soon as the couple entered they were bombarded with questions after questions.

" How was it?"

" Did you attempt all the questions?"

" How can she attempt all questions there was negative marking!"

" Please tell me it was good, we are dying of anxiety!"

" Should I order the sweets?"

Abhimanyu and Anisha looked at them all and chuckled at their questions filled with anxiety.

Anisha declared, " The paper was good and yes I tried attempting as many questions as I could. Yes, order sweets."

They all heaved a sigh of relief together followed by chuckles and a relieving laughter. Indeed the family had taken enough stress for her exam alongside her and Abhimanyu.  Soon Anisha was bombarded with hugs and passed around the living room to finally land in front of Daljeet.

Daljeet kissed her forehead and patted her head. " I'm sure you will make us all proud."

Anisha smiled.

" Sweets are on their way. Till then you guys go and pack your bags."

" Pack bags?" Anisha questioned.

" Abhimanyu?" Daljeet hinted her son.

" Right. Anisha, remember I told you about a gift after your exam." She nodded. " Well this is the one. Pack your bags, we are going on our long overdue honeymoon. Our flight is in the night."

A shy smile blessed her face and soon her cheeks turned red.

Finally it was happening.

She nodded and quickly went upstairs to pack her bags.

Indeed a good surprise!